Homestead fishing report (Boat)

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Homestead fishing report (Boat)

Post by aha14750 »

Went to this canal down in homestead with a buddy and his dad. We also met up with another boat there. I started off the day with one dink on a senko, and one small keeper, maybe 1.5. My buddy had 2 nice one back to back a 3.7 and a 4.9 (those are the two in the picture). My buddies dad had about 4 all small. The other boat had about 10 bass total the only keeper being 4.7. We fished 5 hours and in 2 hours between 5 people only caught at most 25 fish. Very Very slow day and we threw everything in the tackle box. The only thing that was working was dark green senkos with black flake. Every single fish was caught on dark senko's. All and all even though the fishing wasn't up to par the day was beautiful and I got to spend it with good friends so no complaints on my end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: Homestead fishing report (Boat)

Post by cantseeme47 »

Nice fish. Why block your face out?
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

pretty lame to black out your face must be miguels secret spot
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

You should have blacked out the faces of the two fish also to be consistent. You in the Angler Protection Program or something?
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

fasted1500
Weekend Warrior

Post by fasted1500 »

Nice Fish!!....I see you also crossed out what's on your shirt. :scratch:

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

nice bass, it is refreshing to see your weights on the bass look accurate. There are guys that will call the 4.9 pound bass an 8 or 9 pound bass.

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

Lol its my buddy and I did'nt ask him if I could post it. If it was my face I'd be grinning ear to ear.

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

The canal is called aerojet it's the one that opens into Manatee bay. No secret just a long walk w/o a boat.

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

i heard a couple of years ago the government was talking about filling that canal, not sure if it was that canal or another one???. Hope you dont lose that spot, sounds like a good one. Up in Broward I have lost quite a few good spots to so called "developement"

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

lkatze2, my friends dad was telling me how there used to be tall grass on both sides but apparently they started spraying the canal and that killed off a good amount of vegetation in there. It produced a few nice fish but they told me it was nothing like when they used to go about 10 years back.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

The canals on the other side, the ones that run along the actual Aerojet facilities are good too for largemouth and peacocks, there used to be a fish farm there that got hit by hurricane Andrew. I doubt they would ever fill the c-111 canal though it is a major part of the ecosystem there by now and it's flood control too, but they did fill the old rocket silo cuz of all the attention it drew to the area.

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”