2/9/15

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
grouperking
Old Salt

2/9/15

Post by grouperking »

Went out Sunday again to the off limits bridge and caught about 3 4lb bass and about a 5lb bass( my biggest so far but I don't have a phone so I couldnt take a pic). Lost a couple of bigger ones due to not setting the hook hard enough and cut off at the pier cuz I was using 6lb test.
All bass were caught on zoom trick worms on a size 2 worm hook and a 1/4oz bullet weight. Also tried the fluke and caught a dink but there was a lot of live bait(tilapia or bluegill) any idea how to catch them?

Rare
SHARKER

Re: 2/9/15

Post by Rare »

grouperking wrote:Also tried the fluke and caught a dink but there was a lot of live bait(tilapia or bluegill) any idea how to catch them?

All the ones i caught when we use them for live bait..............................................................................................bread

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

But wouldn't that hurt the fish and not allow it to perform to it's max length of staying alive?

rski754
Fisher

Post by rski754 »

grouperking wrote:But wouldn't that hurt the fish and not allow it to perform to it's max length of staying alive?
Small rooster tails will give you all the sunfish you want (tilapia, bluegill, mayan cichlids). Every other cast if they are there.....use the really small ones though.

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”