South Florida fishing ,

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
Captdave89
Fisher

South Florida fishing ,

Post by Captdave89 »

Hello everyone I'm down for vacation in Miami before the summer ends in the southwest area and was wondering where I should try for snakeheads ? I'm willing to travel like 30 to 45 min, also wondering if I'm close to snook/tarpon don't really care if they are saltwater or freshwater as I do live in jersey we don't really have the variety as down here lol, any help is appreciated thanks!

Captdave89
Fisher

Re: South Florida fishing ,

Post by Captdave89 »

Also any redfish down here anywhere ?

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Use Google Earth...

Snakeheads in the C-14, parallel to Atlantic/Southgate look for tributary canals, walk a lot of bank casting..

Snook/Tarpon, try out West the last mile where C14 hits Sawgrasss, or where the C14 hits palm Air off Powerline and Mcnab, again walk lots of bank and cast a lot, sometimes at Nob Hill @ Orange but this spot is hit very very hard by live baiters.

No Redfish, unless you go to Choko or Flamingo, or back up to Ft. Pierce

These are no-ones secret spots by any means but they do produce if you put in some time.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

for snook or tarpon, try to find a spillway near saltwater. If the spillway is open and water is flowing through the gates then there will probably be snook and tarpon. BTW, I am not sure if you are familiar with spillways, but if not, they are small dams in the canals that control the flow of water through the canals. They have gates that open just like a dam. All of the east/west main canals have at least one somewhere near the coast, you can find them on Google earth. This time of year they are open a lot due to the rain and the tropical storm. Fish the downside of the spillway with a live bait like shiners or bream/cichlids. I am not sure what part of Miami you are in but if you are in the Ft. lauderdale area I can recommend a specific spillway or two.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Faster the Current is running, the better. Should be smoking by late Saturday "ish". Only takes a couple
Inches of rain for some spots. Don't fish em my self, but Do a search. Thousands of posts on exactly what, where, how and when for pretty much every
Canal, river, channel, and drainage Ditch south of Juno.
Ik & Krash fish em, both are great Sources. Parking is always a consideration so be ready to walk.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”