How to fish a jig and pig(or creature bait)

This area is for Boatless Fishing Freshwater Help and Info.
fiveeight
Fisher

Re: How to fish a jig and pig(or creature bait)

Post by fiveeight »

When I used to bass fish heavily I couldn't catch a fish on a jig or jig/pig if my life depend on it. However, I do really well jigging spinnerbaits with large trailer grubs.

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

Anyone into swimjigs? Just picked one up. 1/4 oz strikeking swimjig with a 4'' KVD caffeine shad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

miguel456 wrote:The jig and pig(or creature baits) is one of the best bass lures to use in deep structure.It has caught many trophy bass and is one of my go to baits in structure found in deep water.My favorite jig/creature combo is a 3/8oz booyah boo jig with a paca craw green pumpkin creature bait.I use 30lb test powerpro and tie it straight to the lure(if the bass are being picky I put a 3-6 foot leader of 12-20lb flourocarbon).
I like to cast this lure far out after a deep dropoff next to the shore.If you know theres a rocky area that is deep(at least 10 feet) and is at least 30-50 feet away from shore this would be a prime area to cast.I like to get the jig rest for at least 10 seconds on the floor before beginning my retrive.There are many ways to work a jig and pig but SLOWLY bouncing it up and down seems to work well for me.You can also do a stop and go retrieve and bounce it a couple times on the floor and giving rest periods of 4-30 seconds(depends on the basses mood that day).If the bass are chewing that day almost any retrieve will work.I will post pics of the lures later tonight or tommorow and I hope this article helps.

Thanks for the help. Also any broward spots you could suggest :o

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

C.B. Smith it is! I'm going to try throwing a jig and pig over there.

aha14750
Weekend Warrior

Post by aha14750 »

miguel456 wrote:
aha14750 wrote:C.B. Smith it is! I'm going to try throwing a jig and pig over there.
Sounds good,post the report here when you go.
Will do, might go Saturday or Sunday if anyone whats to meet up.

Return to “Freshwater Help and Info”