SSP 3/8 Another afternoon trip

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
tears143
KING MACKEREL

SSP 3/8 Another afternoon trip

Post by tears143 »

Since I caught a few pompanos yesterday and wanted some more I tried going again today. Guess the one that I caught yesterday got lost and found themselves on my hook. :-p

I got there just before the tide change. A lot of sheephead are being caught... lots of under and keeper. Both on shrimp and crabs.

There are macks off and on. They have no schooled up yet. I usually see a pair or 3 at a time. If you keep at it, you'll catch a fews. Seems like macks are hitting closer to sunset than during the day.

I got my 4 keepers.

Next weekend the mack should schooled up.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Re: SSP 3/8 Another afternoon trip

Post by HJared »

tears143 wrote:Since I caught a few pompanos yesterday and wanted some more I tried going again today. Guess the one that I caught yesterday got lost and found themselves on my hook. :-p

I got there just before the tide change. A lot of sheephead are being caught... lots of under and keeper. Both on shrimp and crabs.

There are macks off and on. They have no schooled up yet. I usually see a pair or 3 at a time. If you keep at it, you'll catch a fews. Seems like macks are hitting closer to sunset than during the day.

I got my 4 keepers.

Next weekend the mack should schooled up.

Where is this

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

South skyway fishing pier West Central.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Nice haul tears.

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Nice fish!! What do you catch most of your Pomps on over there on the west side?
Fish Crazy

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

shos260288 wrote:Nice fish!! What do you catch most of your Pomps on over there on the west side?
This

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Awe yes, the ole Banana Jig with a teaser. I know Doc's Goofy Jigs come with the teaser. It can be quite effective at times.
Fish Crazy

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Got a report that kings are already here... wow so early! Also the macks schooled up today already as well!
If you are in the West Central and can get out... now is the time to get yourself some macks!

Return to “Central West Florida”