June 1 NSP

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
bukibob
Fisher

June 1 NSP

Post by bukibob »

Got a late start, but still had bait in the water by 8:00AM. Shrimp and 2" to 6" greenies.
Fished around toll booth as I always catch something there. Started with a good size Jack, whatta fight!! Several of the larger greenies got bit in two or hook pulled after short fight. then I caught a 17/18" flounder, so I assumed that the bight offs must have been smaller ones.

I watched a guy just a few yards down pull in a couple of decent fish in a very short time, so I ask him what he was catching/using in a very friendly way. He was using a Vudu Shrimp and was catching speckled trout. I watched him catch 6 and keep 5 really nice ones in a short time. I have since purchased two.

I went home with two flounder (YUM) and released a mixed bunch of fun to C&R fish (jacks, blue runners, small sharks, and the like) I had only one trout follow my bait all day.
All in all a great day

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Re: June 1 NSP

Post by tears143 »

Awesome job! Thanks for the report!

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Re: June 1 NSP

Post by westcoast »

were you wade fishing?
California-Florida fisherman