Offshore Miami today

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Offshore Miami today

Post by baseball4life702 »

Been waiting too long for the weather to be right to get offshore so I got my azz out there today.
Spent the morning trolling from 600-1200.... Nothing on the troll. The weeds were very scattered, finally we found 4-6 jacuzzi sized patches and there was a big school under them.... Only 2 keepers, one at 21" and one at 24" the rest of the school was all just under size.
So we headed back into the reef at about 1pm. Moored up to a ball in about 40 feet near Pacific reef. I truly wasn't expecting much. After 2-3 grunts the yellowtail started hitting on the bottom of all places. I was using a goddam 1oz weight and those suckers were eating right off the bottom, ended up with 6 total 12"-15" and they were a lil fat not the tiny skinny hungry tails lol
Also my friend hooked a grunt and is in the process of taking hook out when this huge cuda followed it to the boat. I told that sun of a bish stop and throw him back in and I'm sure you know what happened next but it eventually cut the mono.
Overall not a bad day the dolphin is delicious...2 pictures because the catch gets split up at the end but basically I caught everything but the smaller dolphin and one tail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Offshore Miami today

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Hell, it might not be much to you, but I wish I would've gotten to stretch the line and some good eats..lol...nice lil haul tho...keep getting at it! ;)

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Oh no it was probably the best day I have had since last year lol I understand when a person needs to get offshore ...they wanted to go in at 4, I would have stayed well either till the bait or gas ran low and we would have had gotten more tails they just weren't getting the big bites like I was :toast:

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Congrats on your catches! :toast:

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”