In Jupiter for the Next Month or so

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
PeteHalsted
Fisher

In Jupiter for the Next Month or so

Post by PeteHalsted »

I am a fulltime RV'er. We are in Jupiter for the next month or so. I am teaching at a Conference Feb 6-8th and will be busy getting ready for that, but after than I intend to get some serious fishing done!

For the last 3 years I have been on the Mississippi Coast, so my main targets have been Trout and Redfish and my gear is tailored to that. Low profile baitcasters on Medium 7' rods with 10-12# floro, and a couple of 30 size spinning reels on 7 foot medium rods with 30# braid. I do have 2 Okuma ABF-50 size reels on 6 1/2 foot rods with 40# braid for surf fishing, pier, drop fishing, etc.

As I said I am mainly setup for Trout and Redfish and primarily artificial baits, 3 - 4" soft plastics, mirror lures, and misc hard jerk baits.

I haven't ever fished south Florida so there are several species on my list I haven't caught (Snook, Pompano, Tarpin, etc.) I enjoy fishing period and am fine with catch and release, but I also like to put some fish in the freezer as we do each fish often.

I am mainly an artificial bait guy, but am not oppose to live/cut bait especially while learning an area or if that is what is needed for what am I targeting. I also have waders, I am not sure if you guys do much wading in this area?

Guess last thing to mention is I am an "old fat guy", but I definitely don't let that get in the way of the fishing! I welcome any tips (where, what, when, etc.) and would love to meet up with anyone that wants to so a MS Gulf Coaster the ropes of Atlantic Boatless fishing (or boated fishing for that matter I am definitley good for my share of the Gas bill!)

Pete

kblue
SHARKER

Re: In Jupiter for the Next Month or so

Post by kblue »

I would go to Jupiter Inlet...and then move to Juno pier... If you like surf, you can do surf fishing too... Early AM is best... You could fish on Jupiter Island bridge...

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: In Jupiter for the Next Month or so

Post by fishnfool73 »

Look into the Mystic Rose or Samana if you're interested in boat fishing.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”