keys shore fishing

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
tbone57
Fisher

keys shore fishing

Post by tbone57 »

Heading for the keys 1st week of April with my family for a week, never been there .
Don't know where we are staying yet, want to find a place that has good fishing form shore or dock or bridge.
Any suggestions or recommendations on where to stay and where to fish.
Thanks Scott

sachig
Fisher

Re: keys shore fishing

Post by sachig »

So I have been checking out a few spots and have been doing some fishing.

First place I fished was on Card Sound Road just past Alabama Jacks on the same side. This was actually February 2015. Used Frozen and live shrimp and caught a few small snapper, decent size trigger fish, and a few barracudas.

I have also fished on the bay side of US 1 almost directly across from bud n marys. I went on a weekday once in July, caught 4 keeper snapper, but released them all. The next time I went on a weekend, it was slammed there, so I drove across the bridge and fished on the right side in one of the openings. Only caught very small snapper and a nice saltwater catfish. It is also a nice place because you can walk out and fish in the water. In my 18 months in Florida this was the only time ive been asked for my fishing license ( which I gladly showed him) and he busted the people fishing next to me.

Im sure there are way better spots but I am learning as well. If I find anymore, I will keep you posted.

sachig
Fisher

Post by sachig »

You could also fish one of the party boats in the keys. They run from 4 to 7 hours, under 100 bucks easy and provide you rod reel and tackle. I fished on one in key largo and it was 50 bucks with tip. Caught a few nice snapper and nice to be out on the water for a few hours.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

hit the bridges... bring a chair and shade if you can.... subs and water and beer in the cooler and camp out day and night.... i do.... last trip i fished alone on chan 5 for 7 hours then went to hotel for lunch and a break and cooled down then headed to channel two for night time fishing....:)

tbone57
Fisher

Post by tbone57 »

I was planning on going out on a party boat, thats what my wife requested ,We fished the Obsession at port canaveral and done well.
I noticed Bud and Mary's had a party boat, have not seen any reports on it though. thanks for the info.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

tbone57 wrote:I noticed Bud and Mary's had a party boat, have not seen any reports on it though. thanks for the info.
There's a reason there's no reports, keep reading you will see which boats produce fish and which are just tourist traps.

Return to “Monroe County”