East Side of Card Sound Road

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
TidetotheMoon
Weekend Warrior

East Side of Card Sound Road

Post by TidetotheMoon »

Has anyone fished the eastern side of card sound road on foot?

I saw some great action on some shallow water on the north side of card sound road. Just wondering if its accessible.

I did also see crocodiles and a rattlesnake.

It gave me some serious goosebumps.

Any feedback is good.

Thanks.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: East Side of Card Sound Road

Post by gruntking »

you seriously saw a rattle snake ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

TidetotheMoon
Weekend Warrior

Post by TidetotheMoon »

CARDsound.jpg
X marks the spot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

TidetotheMoon wrote:
CARDsound.jpg
X marks the spot
Wouldn't hurt to try... 2 things though... First, that is a BIRD sanctuary... Therefore BE VERY careful where you go since you will be in trouble quick... and obviously leave the dang birds alone.

Second... Yes, there is crocs (not the kind you wear) and rattlers, moccasins etc. This isn't unusual, it's Florida, just mind your feet.

Anything you toss there make it weedless and have it be as light as possible, you want it JUST under the water... Treat "my pets" right, don't take forever to take a picture of them. If its taking too long toss em back and get another one and be ready for the pic next time. Keep in mind this water is not full of oxygen, therefore they will not fight as hard... Except for tarpon, cuz well, they breathe air son! BUT take your time with the snook, those little ones are the future mama's, treat them as you'd treat your own.

Good luck and let us know how you do... DO NOT POACH for we are all watching. LEO LOVE sneaking up on poachers down here and they have become VERY good at it.

Catch em up!

-Swordfish

TidetotheMoon
Weekend Warrior

Post by TidetotheMoon »

I wont be messing with the feathered sorts. lol

I would keep throwing top water poppers, but its just that they hit the water so loud. Ill try some weedless.

I usually have my sony action cam on so I'll be ready... hopefully.

I operate within the law.

have you tried anywhere further east than that. like past the 905. It was under water when I went last.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

TidetotheMoon wrote:I wont be messing with the feathered sorts. lol

I would keep throwing top water poppers, but its just that they hit the water so loud. Ill try some weedless.

I usually have my sony action cam on so I'll be ready... hopefully.

I operate within the law.

have you tried anywhere further east than that. like past the 905. It was under water when I went last.
Never hurts to try... I gave you enough up there to motivate you. The rest is up to you. Never give details, be vague, but always offer something.

Way I see it is... Tommy took the time to show me something, and he gave it willingly and happily. I will never forget his gesture. This is me paying it forward...

All that aside... YOU gotta figure it out on your own. It won't happen overnight, but if you put your time in you will get fish.

We live in FLORIDA, there is fish EVERYWHERE.

Have faith, use common sense, be kind to everyone. May you be rewarded with some fish!

-Swordfish

TidetotheMoon
Weekend Warrior

Post by TidetotheMoon »

Im pumped,

today is my friday so ill head out tomorrow.

The wind forecast looks too little windy for glassy calm water to kayak so ill prolly be on foot.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

TidetotheMoon wrote:Im pumped,

today is my friday so ill head out tomorrow.

The wind forecast looks too little windy for glassy calm water to kayak so ill prolly be on foot.
Yeah... DON'T kayak there... You will be in a world of trouble. Again, bird sanctuary.

That being said. With a Kayak you can fish almost anywhere down that way. Just remember that crocs are NOT gators, and keep your hands out of the water as much as possible... The sharks aren't friendly there...

Any grass flat around should produce some trout also.

-Swordfish

TidetotheMoon
Weekend Warrior

Post by TidetotheMoon »

Thank you very much.

If i were to kayak it would be just after the toll.

Krash and baseball gave me some info a while back about arsinicker's key.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

FYI there are gators there as well. I have seen them up to 8 ft on the west canal north of the toll.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Cny7782
Fisher

Post by Cny7782 »

Hey i am goin to the toll bridge to fish for my 1st time off shore salt water what is recommend to use in am i just want to catch anything

Return to “Monroe County”