Harry Harris - First Week of April

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
Jeremy B.
Fisher

Harry Harris - First Week of April

Post by Jeremy B. »

My family has rented a house for the month of April directly across the street from Harry Harris beach and park. We will be there for the first week of April and would like some tips for "fun fishing" while we are there. My son (12) and I fish our local ponds here in Indiana for gill, crappie, and largemouth quite a bit, but we could definitely use some tips for catching some fish during our stay. First, is Harry Harris Beach area worth the time to even fish it? For convenience reasons, this is most likely where we'd spend our time at. We will need to pick up a couple of cheap rods / reels for our week stay as we are flying down and don't think our gear is worth bringing with us. Advice on where to get this? Times to fish? What to fish for? How to fish for these fish? Bait? Etc?

We really appreciate any info that can be given to us!

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Re: Harry Harris - First Week of April

Post by Miami_Chris »

I launch the boat out of there all the time and you are pretty limited to fishing off the rocks. The rest of the area is shallow flats. Big barracuda (tube lures ripped fast on the surface, live blue runner under a float) are a good bet. Might be able to pick off some mangrove snappers, but I've never fished for them there. Throw some chunks out for sharks. The flats offer some sweet snorkeling as well. Nice park little park.

Return to “Monroe County”