POST YOUR WAHOO

Fish must have been caught using live or cut bait, after November 1, 2006.
Please let us know the tackle you used, how you rigged your terminal tackle, and any special techinque used.
permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

POST YOUR WAHOO

Post by permitchaser »

My one and only ,no guides no charter .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: POST YOUR WAHOO

Post by fixed80 »

cool fish :)

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

fixed80 wrote:cool fish :)

thanks fixed

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

Picked up in Islamorada 1/6/10 on a blue and white islander. Made 1 run about 150 yards / 29 lbs
Pucked up brewery
"adding more ABV per bottle so you can add more inches to your last catch...

Local66
KING MACKEREL

Post by Local66 »

I didn't catch it on bait, but I didn't see a wahoo on artificials thread.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

if you have a wahoo on your hands its fine .dont tell me you caught it with one of your flys :mrgreen: sweet wahoo local :toast:

Local66
KING MACKEREL

Post by Local66 »

permitchaser wrote:dont tell me you caught it with one of your flys :mrgreen: sweet wahoo local :toast:

10" braid marauder plug in tequila sunrise. That color has consistantly outfished all others at Matinellas shoal for the past 4 years. Drop it down to 25', get the boat up to about 12 knots, then drag the corners at the shoals. We've never skunked on wahoo in Feb/Mar/April.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Local66 wrote:
permitchaser wrote:dont tell me you caught it with one of your flys :mrgreen: sweet wahoo local :toast:

10" braid marauder plug in tequila sunrise. That color has consistantly outfished all others at Matinellas shoal for the past 4 years. Drop it down to 25', get the boat up to about 12 knots, then drag the corners at the shoals. We've never skunked on wahoo in Feb/Mar/April.

tequila sunrise i like the name :mrgreen: :drunk: is it orange and black? must be the color of the drink. i got one never used. they love black and purple .how you put it down downriger or planer ?

Local66
KING MACKEREL

Post by Local66 »

permitchaser wrote:
Local66 wrote:

tequila sunrise i like the name :mrgreen: :drunk: is it orange and black? must be the color of the drink. i got one never used. they love black and purple .how you put it down downriger or planer ?

Yeah, orange and black. You can drag them at 15 knots+, and some days that's what it takes to get bit. The Rapala CDmag26's are my #2, but we had one come back in the boat snapped in half last year. The downriggers have been a solid investment. We use 200lb mono instead of wire, and you really need a downrigger to get them to that sweet spot @ 25'-30'. Planers will flip, and none of the guys I fish with have the patience to deal with them.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Yeah, orange and black. You can drag them at 15 knots+, and some days that's what it takes to get bit. The Rapala CDmag26's are my #2, but we had one come back in the boat snapped in half last year. The downriggers have been a solid investment. We use 200lb mono instead of wire, and you really need a downrigger to get them to that sweet spot @ 25'-30'. Planers will flip, and none of the guys I fish with have the patience to deal with them.[/quote]

i had a downrigger sold it.the mono its cuz vivration do the hit the lead often or no?on FS they are some guys slaying the wahoo's big one's too bimini i think.

Local66
KING MACKEREL

Post by Local66 »

permitchaser wrote:Yeah, orange and black. You can drag them at 15 knots+, and some days that's what it takes to get bit. The Rapala CDmag26's are my #2, but we had one come back in the boat snapped in half last year. The downriggers have been a solid investment. We use 200lb mono instead of wire, and you really need a downrigger to get them to that sweet spot @ 25'-30'. Planers will flip, and none of the guys I fish with have the patience to deal with them.

i had a downrigger sold it.the mono its cuz vivration do the hit the lead often or no?on FS they are some guys slaying the wahoo's big one's too bimini i think.[/quote]

We don't use trolling weights. They do hit them.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

OK what do you used the round black lead to keep lure down ? last question :mrgreen: i feel like naruto. :rabbit:

Local66
KING MACKEREL

Post by Local66 »

permitchaser wrote:OK what do you used the round black lead to keep lure down ? last question :mrgreen: i feel like naruto. :rabbit:

OK, yeah, misunderstood your last post. It's just your standard ball and blade on downrigger cable. If anything has ever hit the downrigger ball, it didn't do any damage. We fish a spread with 2 marauders in the shotguns at 20'-30' down, then 2 rattle jetXLs staggered in front. We run about 10-12 knots most days, faster if it's calm, faster than that if it's clear, and if it's calm and clear, we go to ludicrous speed.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

OK, yeah, misunderstood your last post. It's just your standard ball and blade on downrigger cable. If anything has ever hit the downrigger ball, it didn't do any damage. We fish a spread with 2 marauders in the shotguns at 20'-30' down, then 2 rattle jetXLs staggered in front. We run about 10-12 knots most days, faster if it's calm, faster than that if it's clear, and if it's calm and clear, we go to ludicrous speed.

i want to catch one more :jester: thanks local :toast:

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

Beautiful shark baits...... ahh i can see the Tirger already .. chomp.. chomp... chomp.... fish on!!!!! yiiiiiiiiii hahahha :reeling:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Pablo show me your wahoos :jester: this dude work a lot of years as a mate almost all party boats of hallover /he catches his wahoo's with big jigs /every the boat will stop for dolphin he will deep jig for them .he is rusty now :mrgreen:

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

permitchaser wrote:Pablo show me your wahoos :jester: this dude work a lot of years as a mate almost all party boats of hallover /he catches his wahoo's with big jigs /every the boat will stop for dolphin he will deep jig for them .he is rusty now :mrgreen:
jaja i'll post em later when i get home.. i might be a little rust but i got some WD40 at home and some sand paper i'll be back to new soon..

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

here are two baby wahoos i'll post some more when i find em... :lol:

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

this thread is currently waiting for Raul to get to work...

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

ok ok ok no more bragging Pablo :mrgreen:

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

i say we go out tomorrow get a few sails and have a post you sail.. count this weekend....??? raul you down?

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

venumnos wrote:i say we go out tomorrow get a few sails and have a post you sail.. count this weekend....??? raul you down?

yes

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

you boat or mine??

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

venumnos wrote:you boat or mine??
you want to do it on the skiff ? :mrgreen: i haven't check the weather

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

poop if people do it on kayaks then yeas im down! :reeling: :stupid:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

change of plans tmarrow i will have a hangover and weather sucks we will do it mate :toast:

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

arrggg a real captin is scared of no weather nor storm .. or hangouver for that hahahahhahaha ok so i'll be at you house around 4am dale :driving: i'll just give you a shot of 151 and u will be fine no more hangover

venumnos
Seasoned Fisher

Post by venumnos »

arrggg a real captin is scared of no weather nor storm .. or hangouver for that hahahahhahaha ok so i'll be at you house around 4am dale :driving: i'll just give you a shot of 151 and u will be fine no more hangover

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

there is a front on top of us as we speak :scold:

lordhell
Fisher

Post by lordhell »

Nice hoo's, I've caught some monster ones during the Jan/Feb months in the gulf.

Return to “Saltwater: Caught using live or cut bait.”