Killer bass caught in small Tamarac canal

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
claim5
Fisher

Killer bass caught in small Tamarac canal

Post by claim5 »

My daughter had been catching little bluegills with an ultralight setup, tiny hook and a little piece of squid. At sundown, she said "I'm done" and handed me the rod to go inside. This was about 20 feet in back of my sister-in-law's house in Tamarac. I reeled in the bait, and right next to the bank it seemed that it had caught another small bluegill. Then the pole bent over, bobber disappeared and the fight was on. About 15 minutes later I beached the largest bass I've ever seen. My daughter took the pic for me, and hopefully it makes it up to this posting. I don't know how much the bass weighed, but for comparison I'm over 6 feet and 350 lbs. Now that I knew what to fish for I caught 3 more like this one before they took my favorite bass lure, a gen-u-ine handmade guaranteed Tennessee bass lure....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Killer bass caught in small Tamarac canal

Post by fishnfool73 »

Really nice bass , weight is tough to gauge but I'd say solid 7-8 lbs.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

migs24
Old Salt

Re: Killer bass caught in small Tamarac canal

Post by migs24 »

Nice bass. Those smaller blugill that your daughter has been catching are the tickets to fish like the one you're holding. Your daughter can be your bait catcher. Perfect team. :toast:

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”