big ol' bowfin...

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
bowfin battler
Fisher

big ol' bowfin...

Post by bowfin battler »

WP_000109 (2) (480x640).jpg
Caught using a cut up piece of bluegill....pic doesn't do the girth of this fish justice....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: big ol' bowfin...

Post by gruntking »

nice catch bud
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

gruntking wrote:nice catch bud
:stupid: :toast:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Very nice. I never realized how fun they are to catch til my buddy and I sight cast for them out off the Alley. We got busted off a few times
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bowfin battler
Fisher

Post by bowfin battler »

rare wrote:Nice catch! Looks like the kid below is hooked on something..lol
ha...he was just landing one of his own :) Anytime the bass fishing get slow, we usually toss out some lines looking for the bowfin. To a young kid, a big bowfin feels like their pulling in a monster.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

I usually catch them off of the canal in Orlando. See them roaming the shore a lot and very easy to catch them. Toss them a live bluegill and just hold on LOL.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”