Early Morning Action

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
vetoe
Fisher

Early Morning Action

Post by vetoe »

A few caught this morning out of the C-100

2.35lbs

1.12 lbs

I was blown away at the size and number of Koi that I saw this morning. The Pleco situation is really bad too. Some of the banks are really starting to cave in!

migs24
Old Salt

Re: Early Morning Action

Post by migs24 »

That Oscar has some nice color to it. I'm starting to see more and more koi in the canals and lakes around here as well. I believe anyone wanting to keep anything not from Florida should have some kind of license. Too much to ask for, I know. But can you imagine if silver carp were released here in Florida and possibly became established like they did in the Mississippi river? Everglades: gone. Florida's income as well as wildlife would go to hell.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

migs24 wrote:That Oscar has some nice color to it. I'm starting to see more and more koi in the canals and lakes around here as well. I believe anyone wanting to keep anything not from Florida should have some kind of license. Too much to ask for, I know. But can you imagine if silver carp were released here in Florida and possibly became established like they did in the Mississippi river? Everglades: gone. Florida's income as well as wildlife would go to hell.
I thought you can keep/kill almost any non-native freshwater fish except for carp that they put in the water to remove weeds.

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

Yeah the invasives are really taking over. I remember as a kid seeing tons of sunfish and bluegills...now they are few and far between. Largemouth numbers in the canals are down too. As for killing the intrusive fish...I can't bring myself to do it unless I'm gonna eat it. LOL...I'm not eating anything out of these canals, no matter how clear the water might be! Yup. The grass carps have to be released.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”