New Personal Best Largemouth

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
bdawk2020
Weekend Warrior

New Personal Best Largemouth

Post by bdawk2020 »

Fished a residential lake in Weston over the weekend. Hooked this guy on a senko. My best bass by a long shot.
fish.jpg
fish2.jpg
fish3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Re: New Personal Best Largemouth

Post by ilovefishing »

Nice catch, I work in Weston and catch monster bass and peas all the time

bdawk2020
Weekend Warrior

Post by bdawk2020 »

ilovefishing wrote:Nice catch, I work in Weston and catch monster bass and peas all the time
Thanks man. There is definitely some good fishing up that way. Only have fished there the past few months after my brother moved there. Haven't seen any peacocks in his lake but have caught a few in the canal off Griffin Road. They are much darker than the ones I catch in South Dade.

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Nice Bass, I lived in Weston for a few years, and caught some nice bass there. Not too many Peas however.
Fish Crazy

bdawk2020
Weekend Warrior

Post by bdawk2020 »

miguel456 wrote:That's a nice bass! Did you weigh it on a scale?
Nah, unfortunately didn't have it with me. Now that I know there's some lunkers in there I'll keep one handy. Definitely had some weight to it. I'd say about 5 lbs give or take.

bdawk2020
Weekend Warrior

Post by bdawk2020 »

miguel456 wrote:A 5 pounder is a nice one for South Florida, especially boatless.Congrats and thank you for posting!
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully with some good luck I'll be able to post some more like this.

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

Sweet catch man!

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Nice bass...but unless you have a way to weight him its pretty hard to tell just how much it really weights... I have seen bass that to me and others
were are least 8 or 9lbs and once we put them on the weight...they turn out to be only 5lbs at best...

Tonight we had a new person go out with us and he got a nice bass and proclaim to say it was at least 9lb... I happen to carry a weight scale with me and once we check it..
the bass weighted 5lbs 4oz.... don't get me wrong it was a nice bass... but true weight and guessing weight are at times WAY OFF...

The best thing to do is to get a total length and than a girth length...Here is the FWC Florida bass weight calculator http://legacy.myfwc.com/fish/

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”