Sand Fleas How to see them and catch them

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
mangrover
Weekend Warrior

Re: Sand Fleas How to see them and catch them

Post by mangrover »

fishnfool73 wrote:You can catch them at night with a light. Sometimes it is easier as there are no people walking around to spook them.
thanks, I caught a bunch a couple of nights ago

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Hi, im new to flea raking. just got one from the tackel store. I tried raking them at night with a headlamp and only got one scoop full in a four hour period just south of oakland park but i walked 7 miles total Oakland to sunrise, sunrise back to commercial, then back to sunrise and back to oakland. It was exhausting and i only have enough for one day. any advice would be appreciated pm me you can recomend any other spots around ft lauderdale to north miamiish. thanks

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I was there 10:30 ~ 11:30 PM 0.5 mile between Sunrise and Oakland. There were many pods of sand fleas. I think you may not be familiar with finding V's.

-Kblue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I went out to the exact same place (Sunrise and Oakland) about the same time today where I caught so many sand fleas on April 11. But I couldn't find any single pod of sand flea V's.

The only difference is on April 11, it was about 1.5 hour before low tide and on April 15, 1 hour after high tide.

Based on this, I am guessing low tide is better.

-Kblue

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Does anyone know if there have been sand fleas around the usual spots in ft laud? Are they usually around all year?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I still a few bags of sand fleas that I caught this spring. Let me know if you need some. I need to clean my freezer...
I will charge only one tenth of my hourly labor rate...LOL

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

Thanks kblue. I like them live when I can but its rough goin the day before jusf to rake fleas. Goin to juno friday and try the jig

slowbra01
Fisher

Post by slowbra01 »

Hey guys. This thread was VERY informative! I just got a sand flea rake today and would like to try my luck in finding some of these critters. I live in North Miami. Could someone point me in the right direction as to which beach i can go and try to find some sand fleas.

If someone could show me, i would be very grateful. I would gladly pay in the form of a nice cold 6pack :toast:

lkatze2
Seasoned Fisher

Post by lkatze2 »

south of the newport pier, you can just set me up a tab at tootsies

Return to “Bait Bucket”