Michigan Bass

This area is for reports from non listed areas, If you will be doing reports and particapating, I will gladly make sure your area is listed, Just ask for it.
Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Michigan Bass

Post by Frogfish101 »

I got a new bass combo the other day, an Abu Garcia Skeet Revo, so I finally took it out to break it in. I hit a lake nearby, which is one of my faves. I dont fish it too often, but when I do it is explosive. The lake is surrounded by houses, so I try to fish as little as possible there so that others dont start fishing and fish out the lake. Its a fun lake to practice on. Crystal clear water, so you can see the fish react to the lures.

I fished it yesterday (7/1) and today(7/2), and only the last 2 hours or so of sunlight each day (8PM-10PM...sunset around 9:35 i think). I got 58 bass in total over the 4 total hours of fishing, with the biggest being around 18. The avg size was 13-14. I primarily had luck on spinnerbaits and jigs, with a couple on cranks here and there, but with the last half hour of light (9:30-10) the topwater bite exploded. I absolutely crushed them on my trusty zara spook, and had some of the best topwater fishing I've ever experienced. What a blast, and what a way to break in the new outfit. I gotta say, the reel casts like butter. Can't wait to fish it in tournaments this fall.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the quality, they were taken on the camera phone.
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Michigan Bass

Post by Jordan »

Nice fish santosh, reel looks great.

snookabogus

Re: Michigan Bass

Post by snookabogus »

bass slayin setup right there :D great job

Return to “U.S.A. ???????”