Great Lakes Report/Pix November 26th

This area is for reports from non listed areas, If you will be doing reports and particapating, I will gladly make sure your area is listed, Just ask for it.
Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

Great Lakes Report/Pix November 26th

Post by Blacktip Hunter »

Well today was the first time I went fishing in a long time. It was pretty cold out. It felt really good to cast some lures again. I tried a new place, where I've never been before. I heard yesterday that there are some big Muskies at this place.

So I got down there and setup. There was this one asian guy fishing at the end of the rocks so I went and talked to him. He told me that he had a Muskie on, but lost it. I told him if you get another one yell at me and I will come and help you. There were a bunch of Muskie charters about 100ft from the rocks trolling.

So I start casting and about 20 minutes later this guy is screaming at me. I got one! I gotr one! I run over there with my net and tell him, take your time. Were going to get this one in. Tge drag on his reel was broken, so he had to open the spool to let the fish run. I was expecting the Muskie to be a lot smaller than it really was. When I saw it, I was shocked. It was huge. This guy was very happy. This must have been his first Muskie. The Muksie came to the rocks a couple of times. I chased it around with my net. At one point I slipped on a rock and fell into the water. I was very lucky I didnt get hurt. So we Finally got the Muskie in and we were both very happy. Both of us had worked really hard to get this fish in.

He measured 50 inches and weighed 33lbs.

Here are the pix:

A very happy fisherman:

After everything was done with that Muskie, the guy went home and I continued to fish. Two other people hooked up with Muskies, but lost them. I never got a hook up. It was a good day and I hoped to have another one just like it next weekend.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

Visit us online: http://blacktiphfishing.org

frayedknot
KING MACKEREL

Post by frayedknot »

Wrong Place for this. This should be in the Northern Section, but SICK loooking fish. GJ helping that guy. Tight lines.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

AWESOME !

I have never landed a Muskie, but just about the only thing I miss about the North is the Northern Pike...lol

GREAT work !

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

Re: nice fish

pkossak wrote:lake st. clair? lake erie?
Lake St. Clair
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

pkossak wrote:cool, I figured. I actually live on Lake St. Clair - tough to find a better lake to find muskie. Out of curiosity, where were you fishing? I don't recognize it. U.S. or Canadian side? Looks like you are at the mouth of the Detroit or St. Clair River. Anyone doing any walleye fishing? good job!
It's the Canadian side. It's off the Belle River Pier. There are a lot of Muskies and walleyes just hanging out there. There were a few people fishing for walleyes there, but mostly Muskies. It's always hot in Belle River during the wall and winter.

thatjohnkid
Fisher

Post by thatjohnkid »

Ahh how I miss Michigan, I moved here from Waterford, MI which is right by Pontiac if you haven't heard of it. I remember the days of waking up real early and catching some Pike and what not when I was younger, I remember one morning my Dad catching 2 nice Pike's before I was even out of bed (thanks for waking me up Dad :P )

I never caught myself a Muskie but I never really went fishing for them.

Return to “U.S.A. ???????”