Fernandina Beach Report - 7/22

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
jledebur
Fisher

Fernandina Beach Report - 7/22

Post by jledebur »

My wife and I fished the outgoing tide from 11:30 to about 2:00 on the south end of Fernandina Beach today (close to the last public access lot). I landed a dink Whiting early on, and then my wife brought in a nice, fat 14" Black Drum - both on fresh-dead shrimp tipped with a clam fish-bite. I cut up the whiting as bait (no takers), and my wife landed one keeper Whiting near the end of our stay. We tried a couple of live finger mullet as well - also no takers. I netted a couple dozen of those li'l buggers for the freezer before we left - they were going up and down the shoreline all afternoon. We also saw three she-crabs loaded with eggs in the "lagoon" as it approached low tide. Headed for home shortly after - it was like a furnace out there today.
Redhawk
Need some new fishing-inspired clothing or gear?
Check out these great items designed by my
fishing buddy (aka, my beautiful wife):
http://www.cafepress.com/d_luciousd_sign/s_fishing

gbrandner
Fisher

Re: Fernandina Beach Report - 7/22

Post by gbrandner »

Thanks for the update. It helps me plan when there is the long drive from Gainesville involved. Love that area of beach though.
Gene

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”