Fishing near Jax

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
RonR
Fisher

Fishing near Jax

Post by RonR »

Hi, I'm Ron.

Just sign up as a BF member, & I enjoy fishing with my family. We don't have a boat so basically, we go places that we can have access to go fishing. But we haven't had much success in catching fish. We have been at Huguenot, Mayport, Vilano, St Augustine: "caught just 2 whiting's there" and really that's about it. My question to all you avid fisherman in the Northern region, is there places you can go to catch good quality fishes?

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: Fishing near Jax

Post by Green Tide »

Mayport is usually a good place to start. Do you have access to the jetties there? If not you can try the little jetties just inside the icw around the coast guard station. Then if you cross the st johns right there, Heckshear drive has allot of access spots that hold good fish. You will definitely see others fishing the area.
If you are more south try the guanna state park for some redfish. Ask the gate ranger where the spillway gate is.I fished the jax beach surf about 4 months ago and got some whiting on a pompano rig with shrimp for bait. Used the bait store on the east side of the icw at beach blvd.The whole beach is open for fishing so just find a place you like. I was about 400 yards south of the pier but there was a great looking wash out I seen the next day but didn't get to fish it. Probably 200 yards north of where atlantic beach bvld dead ends at beach.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”