This is why media is bad for sharks

This is for Shark info, Tagging , How tos, baits of choice, etc.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

This is why media is bad for sharks

Post by baseball4life702 »

http://m.local10.com/news/young-woman-b ... a/33421158

No need for beachgoers to be touching a fishermans fish on his line. Besides nurse sharks have sandy mouths with tiny teeth and don't bite unless provoked but the media makes it seem like we have vicious sharks here over a stupid little cut on a finger. This chit is not media worthy and never would have been 10yrs ago. Idk how many times I and my buddies have let nurse sharks bite our hand while diving/spearfishing.

Btw they spotted another great white in Jupiter that is more news worthy.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: This is why media is bad for sharks

Post by krash »

How about the goon off 17th street in front of Publix with a shark still breathing laying on the pavement trying to sell it, when he did not and the Publix mgmt. threw him out he drug it half way across teh street and left it to die in the road.

Thats how shark fishermen get a bad rap...
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Yea I remember that one too some people don't deserve to enjoy the beauty of the ocean. At least that story was newsworthy this story should have never made it past the lifeguards the idiot didn't even go to the hospital just made negative attention toward our fish for nothing :scratch:

Leadslinger
Old Salt

Post by Leadslinger »

That story was quite a bit (pun!) different from the story on ch7. She self transported to a clinic, no fisherman, cop pried her hand out of the sharks mouth with his baton.

Can't even trust the news anymore.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I saw the pic of the cop but it didn't have those details, channel 7 says it was wrapped in fishing line lol the report should have been titled "Girl asks shark to bite her" Lol next time I'm diving I'm gonna get a pic of one on my hand then send it to the news see if I can get my 5 seconds of fame. Literally the bite is no worse than a snapper bite or any other fish bite.

Return to “Shark'in Info”