Rick Scott and Ken Jenne...2 crooks who should be arrested!

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Username28
KING MACKEREL

Rick Scott and Ken Jenne...2 crooks who should be arrested!

Post by Username28 »

And people think Rick Scott is good...what kind of idiot are these people?

http://www.browardbulldog.org/2013/11/t ... ken-jenne/
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

chumbucket1
Fisher

Re: Rick Scott and Ken Jenne...2 crooks who should be arrest

Post by chumbucket1 »

Bug-eyed Rick Scott is a criminal. He got elected in the first place because he tied his stanky wagon to the Tea Party and his Democratic opponent read a text message during a debate...

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Yeah brother... Like them, 99.99999% of the people in public office are corrupt, my house is made of glass as is everyone elses though, do not kid yourself that we would be any different up there, it is after all human nature... However, a system needs to be put in place that severely punishes the ones who get caught and rewards those who have the people's interest in mind... IMO, my .02 cents. Also RICKO is anti fishing!

-swordfish

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

:cheers: Our govenor will sway his opinion on whomever is lining his pockets or he owes a favor to. He is the reason I went from life long Republican to free thinker for elections. Funny story I was called by the Republican party looking for a handout. When I said that I was no longer supporting their party and they could thank Rick Scott for that. The caller laughed and when I asked why he said that over half the registered Republicans he called from Florida told him the same as I had. Tells you a lot when a govenor turns that many voters to his party as a whole.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

fishnfool73 wrote::cheers: Our govenor will sway his opinion on whomever is lining his pockets or he owes a favor to. He is the reason I went from life long Republican to free thinker for elections. Funny story I was called by the Republican party looking for a handout. When I said that I was no longer supporting their party and they could thank Rick Scott for that. The caller laughed and when I asked why he said that over half the registered Republicans he called from Florida told him the same as I had. Tells you a lot when a govenor turns that many voters to his party as a whole.
:stupid:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

You're gonna love this one.
For months now, I've been reading and hearing about people in Florida getting cancelation letters from their health insurance carriers. Apparently the letters state they had to cancel their policy due to OB care. And their new policy will cost a fortune.
None of this made any sense to me because there's like 53 companies on the exchange, how does this company know what every other company will charge, what insurance they'd get, just a ton of stuff that didn't seem right.

Then I read this article about Scott and the gang from a freelance AP journalist.
Associated Press
10/22/13

Fla. Republicans Snuck Bill Forcing Insurers To Blame Obamacare For Their Gouging

Republicans have attacked President Obama for “lying” to the public when he said if you have health insurance you like, you can keep it. We all agree that this could have been stated better, however the President should not get all the blame. The language in the bill states that policies must fit certain minimum requirements, deemed “essential benefits”, in order to clear the improved standards. This has been online for everybody to read and available at congress members beck and call since 2010. If only Republicans focused their effort on educating their constituents instead of fighting the bill, there would have been no confusion.

The issue at hand involves those who have what Consumer Reports calls “junk insurance.” Insurance companies had three options after the Affordable Care Act passed. They could update their policies to meet the new standards, in which case policy holders would receive the benefits while keeping their old policy. Insurance companies could make no changes to their old policy, in which case policy holders would be grandfathered in to their plan and there would be no change. Insurance companies also had a third option, which was to cancel the outdated policy and have the policy holder sign with a different plan. Can you guess which option they chose?

Health insurance companies have never been ones to act on good faith. In fact, they have been known to act in complete opposition to their customers and that is why the Affordable Care Act was so necessary. Insurance companies began canceling these junk insurance policies by sending notification letters out to policy holders informing them they would have to sign a new policy. What they did not include, was information about the new Marketplace and, that under the ACA, they have many options. Instead, in their cancellation letter, the insurance companies tried to force policy holders into a higher priced plan as their only option.

The insurance companies knowingly deceived their customers in hopes of getting them to sign on to policies that were sometimes more than ten times their current policy. Lawmakers opposed to the ACA chose to keep their constituents in the dark. Naturally, President Obama took all the blame.

Like anything else, though, whenever there is a simple answer to a complex issue, you have to question what you are being told, especially when you have a complacent media. One need look no further than a report out of Florida from this past August.

The Medicaid expansion laid out in the ACA helps those above the poverty line with free to low-cost healthcare. For states that chose to take the federal funds to expand Medicaid, those making up to 400% over the poverty line would be eligible for Medicaid. This would be fully funded by the government for the first three years. Beyond that, states would only be responsible for 10% of the state’s Medicaid costs.

Governor Scott is one of 25 governors that decided not to expand the Medicaid program. Their choice not to implement the expansion means the federal government takes full control of the exchange. It also means that those states receive the bare minimum of the bill. Those states are placed on the federal marketplace which was only meant to support 1 or 2 states, not 25. It also means that the Medicaid expansion only goes up to 133% over the poverty line.

Governor Scott was not content just harming his residence by not expanding Medicaid. With little to no attention, on May 31, 2013, Florida Governor Rick Scott signed in to law SB 1842. This inconspicuous sounding bill serves no purpose but to deceive and harm Floridians.

SB 1842 lays out a foundation that allows insurers to run all over their customers. SB 1842 prohibits Commissioner Kevin McCarty of the state’s Office of Insurance Regulation from overseeing the validity of insurance premium hikes for two years. While Democrats in Florida’s congressional delegation appealed to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to step in and protect Floridians from unregulated rate hikes, there is little Sebelius can actually do.

Until the passage of SB 1842, McCarty had the power to do that. Florida state lawmakers who voted for the bill, including a few Democrats who seemed to think HHS has more authority than it does, took the position that since the federal government was requiring insurance companies to be more consumer friendly, the federal government should assume the responsibility of enforcing the new consumer protections in ObamaCare. The problem is that Congress gave the federal government no such additional powers. As a consequence, HHS really can’t take over what is still a state responsibility. And since Florida turned down the federal money that McCarty would have used to do his job, Floridians appear to be out of luck.

"
Not only are Florida residences now facing astronomically high and unregulated premium hikes, the insurance companies now have a patsy thanks to SB 1842. A provision inside the law requires insurance companies, when sending out their letters of canceled plans and premium hikes, to blame ObamaCare. The very people that are responsible for premium increases and canceled plans, are the very people responsible for educating the public on the ACA, and have to take no responsibility in their wrongdoings. Instead, they are able to run rampant and blame President Obama.

“The sole purpose of the requirement is to create ‘sticker shock’ that can be blamed on the ACA. There will be no mention of the many uncertainties or any other relevant factors, such as past rate increases or how actual rates will be reduced for many by the availability of premium tax credits (to low and middle income earners.)”

"
This report came out in August of this year. Not one of the governors, congress members, or other Republicans gave a peep at what was looming. Instead, they made laws that would further deceive and confuse citizens over an issue that strikes fear to the heart of many. Insurance companies are taking advantage of the very people that are dependent on them, and Republicans are completely complacent in their misdoings. Any credibility Republicans had left seems disintegrate every day.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”