help with old rod rebuild
- Backlash
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:31 pm
- Location: West Palm Beach 56ACE
- Contact:
help with old rod rebuild
I just found a 10' rod looks old only writing i could read on it is "south bend" "hollow glass" has a wooden butt and wooden grip want to re do this rod is there a rob builder in west palm beach that could to this i need a complete rebuild takeing off thr guides reelseat (cracked) maby the wooden grips and put eva foam what would this cost me
Abu Garcia for life
"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
"Never test the depth of the water with both feet"
~~Mackerel Killer~~
Cananyonehelpmefixthespacebaronmykeyboard?
"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
"Never test the depth of the water with both feet"
~~Mackerel Killer~~
Cananyonehelpmefixthespacebaronmykeyboard?
- screamendrag
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:09 pm
- Location: Boca
- Backlash
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:31 pm
- Location: West Palm Beach 56ACE
- Contact:
-
SnookWizzard
- Seasoned Fisher
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:52 pm
- Location: S Broward Beaches
with the labor involved in removing everything to save the blank, stripping the finish off etc,....you can almost build a NEW rod for the same money, with a better blank. . .Just try to save the old wooden butt maybe a beter opion... Who's gonna cry when the old blank breaks??...if it was a solid blank no problems, or if you were doing it yourself, not so bad....SW 
~~~~~~~~)>>))))))(*>~~~~~><C'>~~ holy crap!
