John u Llyod

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
surfjetjoe
Weekend Warrior

John u Llyod

Post by surfjetjoe »

Can you spear in Llyod even though its a state park. went free diving and saw 3 nice muttons thanks.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: John u Llyod

Post by fixed80 »

im sure the way the rules are written, you can spearfish if you are 100yds or more from shore. if not than you cant.
just to make sure, ask park ranger.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

You cannot have a speargun in a state park (they can give you a ticket and take your equipment away), you can park by the pier, enter the beach just south of the park and swim out to the euro jaks or reef if you want...

surfjetjoe
Weekend Warrior

Post by surfjetjoe »

oo thanks for the heads up i figured cause it belongs to the state. i wish i could spear there though those muttons were nice 16+ in.

surfjetjoe
Weekend Warrior

Post by surfjetjoe »

o yea can you lobster there in jon u lyod

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

you can spear there, you just cant park inside the park or go into the property with a speargun.... you have to enter the water just south of the park (like i said, park by the pier) then you can swim out parallel to the state park, there is no laws that can keep you from spearfishing in that area.. if you dont believe me you can talk to the park rangers and ask them if you can spearfish there if you parked by the pier and never enter park property (the ocean is not park property)....

surfjetjoe
Weekend Warrior

Post by surfjetjoe »

oh ok cool thanks far swim but worth it :thumleft:

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

Be careful how close you are to shore. Most, if not all, Florida State Parks have jurisdiction 400ft from "Mean High Water or Ordinary High Water Line within the riparian lines of any state park unit". Just something to be aware of. Wether or not they choose to get picky and enforce it is another matter.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Or you could have said the bouys. :mrgreen: your still in state waters but not the parks.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

I was a state park ranger for the State of Florida for a short time when I lived up north...I like citing the rules roflmao.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

PS: A buoy line doesn't necessarily mean the perimeter of the state parks jurisdiction (400ft out from mean High Water yadda yadda), it may very well be nothing more than a designated safe area for swimmers.

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”