A good scuba mask

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

A good scuba mask

Post by cybereagle »

I have been looking around for a good scuba mask. I don't have any experience in the topic that is why Im asking the you guys. Now the mask will be used for regular snorkeling and maybe some spearfishing in the future. I don't think I will spend more than $60 to $75. Thank you. :thumleft:

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Re: A good scuba mask

Post by cybereagle »

Done that been there. Ill tell you the truth they are not bad, but are a little uncomfortable and water sips in the mask. There are other options and that is why I was asking for some advice. Thank you anyways.

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Well the last one I had was the brand that you mentioned but just yesterday a piece broke of and cannot be fix so i had to replace it with something better. Don't get me wrong it lasted quite a long time but I'm looking for something better.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Cyber; Go to Divers Direct. They probably have the largest selection in your price range. And you can try them on before you buy one.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

hoser
Weekend Warrior

Post by hoser »

Cyber,

I got the Oceanic Shadow mask. What's great about the mask is that it comes in two sizes. I got the black skirt, since it prevents light getting in from the sides, which can effect the view. Plus single view mask gives a better view. I would suggest going to a diver's store, and trying many masks on until you have the right fit, since that is most important. I went to this place called underseas sports. The guy there really helped me out. I do not work there, but I highly suggest them. Good luck.

Hoser

cybereagle
I FEAR NO FISH

Post by cybereagle »

Thanks, I was looking at the Mare X-Vision Swim Mask or the full view Mares Pure Vision Scuba Mask. What do you think. :scratch:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

cybereagle wrote:Thanks, I was looking at the Mare X-Vision Swim Mask or the full view Mares Pure Vision Scuba Mask. What do you think. :scratch:
The Pure vision is great. It virtually eliminates the tunnel vision effect you get from other masks.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I can't recommend one over another as I've been using teh same mask for 20 years now, its clear silicone with single glass lens. As a matter of fact my dive buddy was making fun of my mask while lobster diving Monday, asked if I wante to try his mask, single lense all black with a cute little case to keep it in, he said yours is always half full of water, I said I like it that way cause it never fogs up.

There was a discussion recently on another unmentionable board in the dive section about mask for spearfishing, Unmentionable Board check it out.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

I would recomend Omer masks (bandit, alien, etc..) they are the best masks money can buy.... they are low volume less air is wasted, they are also the most comfortable masks i have ever used... I freedive with them (10-50ft) and after 6 hours of diving you do not feel any pain from the mask at all.!!! Go to divers direct and check them out, dont waste your money on the crap they have in walmart...

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Bottom line you don't want to buy any mask you can't try on. Divers direct you can try everything on. However check their warranty and exchange policy. I don't know if they still have a problem with manufacturer warranty but they did at one time.

ermaclob
Fisher

Post by ermaclob »

williamstrav wrote:dude go to walmart in the sports section and look for the U.S. divers mask sets.they have fins,mask,snorkel,and i think a bag to carry it all for 24.99.and ive never had the mask fog up much at all.(nothing a little spit cant handle) .trust me a very good set. :thumright:
very true, the only thing i that i don't like and its only a minor inconvenience is that the plastic on the nose is harder to pinch then other masks when equalizing

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”