Need help for a beginner!

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
snookabogus

Need help for a beginner!

Post by snookabogus »

Me and my friends are interested in getting into spearfishing. looks like a fun sport that can have some great rewards. Is there an age requirement and what do you need? Price ranges of guns for begginers. and places where you can yak.

By the way an important question, are How old do you have to be to have bangsticks because are they considered a firearm?

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Need help for a beginner!

Post by mmcauliffe »

Are you looking to free dive (breath hold) or do you want to use SCUBA?
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

mmcauliffe wrote:Are you looking to free dive (breath hold) or do you want to use SCUBA?
He's looking to free dive.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

SCUBA I could talk your ear off, free diving, not so much.

We have a guy that comes into the shop for fills, Jim McMillian from Island Magic 954-783-9992.

He's an extreamly active diver himself and runs local spearfishing charters. He also teaches breath hold/freediving. I heard from some of his students that they really enjoyed the classes and learned alot.

Give Jim a call, he will get you headed in the right direction.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

I have been freediving for the past few years so I can tell you alot about the sport.. If you want I can recomend the equipment, you dont want to start off with some of the overpriced crap they will sell you in some of the dive shops, most of it will be worthless and you will want to upgrade quickly if you really get into the sport ... Florida freedivers, Nautilus Spearfishing, and Austins dive shop are the only dive shops you want to buy from, the owners are all very experienced in the sport of freediving, and also have the best prices around...

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

Florida Freedivers is a great shop. They are the most knowledgeable shop I have found in S Florida. Good luck!
Kizer

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”