Directions

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Directions

Post by Kizer »

Go towards the Ocean on Oakland Park Blvd. Turn right onto A1A. Left onto 27th. There is a pay to park on the beach. Go straight out over the scrub reef, then the second reef line, and hunt on the edge of the third reef line.
Kizer

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

The first and second reef aren't that far, the ledge though it a bit of a swim. sometimes i've seen nice Mutts and Mangroves at the second reef.
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

I found the hogs on the third, but I actually got my mutton on the scrub on the way back into shore. The second reef has better structures than the 3rd ledge, and their are some fish there as well. They tend to be not as big, but that is not always the case. I also saw yellow jacks out on the third last time.
Kizer

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

I usually follow the current North. I get out at Oakland Blvd. I usually park a car there, so that I don't have to walk back. The walking is worse than anything else. ;)
Kizer

ccoope29
Weekend Warrior

Post by ccoope29 »

Bridge rat maybe you can link up with me, kizer, his bud, and you newbie friends and we all head out. Im a newbie my self so it will be cool. I would like to try to find out where they maybe have some reefs that aren't that deep and not far out so I can do some practice there even if there wasnt that much fish(but something i could spear atleast :pistols: ).

One last thing kizer do you think i should start off with a spear pole or a spear gun? and also do I need a permit to use both or just the spear gun? Sorry for all the questions but all this information I have been accumulating with this new sport has been driving me :nilly:

ccoope29
Weekend Warrior

Post by ccoope29 »

What school you go to bridge rat? If you are in college and you stay in pines you must of went to flanigan eyy. I went to mcarthur High mustangs baby. Yea i still gotta get a wet suit and a knife and maybe a spearpole just to start with. I went diving with keizer freely with nothing so this time im going with something. Pay day this week so collection add time.

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

Bridge Rat wrote:naw i go to pines charter, ima senior. Yea payday is a good day.
DUDE! Im Charter class of '07. I'm assuming you live in west pines?
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

ccoope29
Weekend Warrior

Post by ccoope29 »

True well you see i stay in hollywood. Mustang class of 04 mcarthur high. now an FAU owl. well yea we have to link up and go.

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

What school you go to bridge rat? If you are in college and you stay in pines you must of went to flanigan eyy. I went to mcarthur High mustangs baby. Yea i still gotta get a wet suit and a knife and maybe a spearpole just to start with. I went diving with keizer freely with nothing so this time im going with something. Pay day this week so collection add time.
I bet you wish you had something when that shark came a sniffin, lmao! :pistols:
Kizer

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”