Lobster Hunting Soon

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
ccoope29
Weekend Warrior

Lobster Hunting Soon

Post by ccoope29 »

Wzup fellas. I heard something about lobster mini season coming up. I never done this before so if anybody that knows some spots and knows how to hunt for them i will be interested in going please. Thanks

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Re: Lobster Hunting Soon

Post by fishinDave07 »

Dude, it's not worth it.

Yearly divers get killed because boats are often stacked up on spots and people are just plain stupid. I hear stories that people are also out on the water and when the clock strikes 12:01 am, divers go down.

I've spearfished plenty around FTL and MIA and can tell you that it gets "cleaned out". Your best bet if any is to go when regular season opens up and try spots in the keys as well as north of pompano beach. I saw a report on SpearBoard of some guy backing not only his limit in bugs, but HUGE lobsters around the 2nd reef, pompano area.

Dive Safe,

Dave
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

ccoope29
Weekend Warrior

Post by ccoope29 »

do you go out? I want to try it

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

I don't go out during mini season. Have you ever tried catching lobster. I find that its way easier with a buddy and in the keys.

In the keys you can shoot fish and catch lobster in 6 ft of water versus 25-30 ft. in miami/ft. lauderdale

It is pretty challenging to "convince" a lobster to come out of a hole by your self in deep water, i've tried.

Good Luck,

Dave
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”