quick intro and some help....

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
remo_5_0
Fisher

quick intro and some help....

Post by remo_5_0 »

I live in Utah and am an avid fly fisherman, mostly river fishing in Wyoming and Utah. I have fished the salt mostly in Belize, Mexico and the Keys'. Pretty well educated on flats fishing but need some help in the surf. I will be in West Palm Beach mid Sept. staying at the Ocean Pointe Marriott which looks like it's right at the Lake Worth Inlet. I will be beach/shore fly fishing with my 8 and 9 wt. rods. I have a pretty decent selection of flies (I think) Mullet patterns, Surf Candy in white and black, Deer Hair Muddlers (white) Clousers in white and white/chartruese, Polar Flash Clousers etc. Can someone point me in the direction of where to cast? Thanks a ton!!

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Re: quick intro and some help....

Post by chris21 »

remo_5_0 wrote:I live in Utah and am an avid fly fisherman, mostly river fishing in Wyoming and Utah. I have fished the salt mostly in Belize, Mexico and the Keys'. Pretty well educated on flats fishing but need some help in the surf. I will be in West Palm Beach mid Sept. staying at the Ocean Pointe Marriott which looks like it's right at the Lake Worth Inlet. I will be beach/shore fly fishing with my 8 and 9 wt. rods. I have a pretty decent selection of flies (I think) Mullet patterns, Surf Candy in white and black, Deer Hair Muddlers (white) Clousers in white and white/chartruese, Polar Flash Clousers etc. Can someone point me in the direction of where to cast? Thanks a ton!!
since you will be here in Mid September you will be here during the mullet run, use a mullet pattern and try to locate the mullet pods, cast on the edge of the school, clousers would also work well.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

remo_5_0
Fisher

Re: quick intro and some help....

Post by remo_5_0 »

Thanks Chris, I am bringing a ton of Mullet patterns and Clousers, I have watched some youtube videos of the Mullet getting blown up on the beach about that time of year, can't wait :dude:

Return to “FlyFishing Help”