Flyfishing from the beach in fort myers area n islamorada

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
Wikinglars
Fisher

Flyfishing from the beach in fort myers area n islamorada

Post by Wikinglars »

hey everyone

Im from denmark , europe going to florida feb 15 with my family on vacation, can't wait. Im a passionate fly fisher, n have between 50 to 80 fishing days a year from the danish coast after sea run brown trout with my fly rod. i have 8 days on fort myers beach n 4 days in islamorada. Ill bring 9ft 8# fly rod with shooting head. I,ve gone some research already, n it looks like fort myers beach north tip, lovers keys, n sanibel beach is a good bet. But tides , time s day flies ect. could anybody help me. n is it possible at all to fly fish from shore in islamorada n where, thank you

lars

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Flyfishing from the beach in fort myers area n islamorad

Post by fishnfool73 »

High tides and sunrise and sunset will be your best times to hit the beaches.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Wikinglars
Fisher

Re: Flyfishing from the beach in fort myers area n islamorad

Post by Wikinglars »

Hi
Thank you for your reply. In Denmark it varies alot which time a year n which kind of species u want to Fish. If it is incoming or out going tide on specific locations. So u say High tide sunrise n sunset in febuary is best, after what? mostly snook n red Fish right or what?. Sorry for all my questions. Im just so curious n cant wait to Fish ur shores. N like to be as preperred as possible, since i dont have so much time. Do u know of any litterature in book form or on the internet where i can find information about flyfishing from the florida coasts. What kind of Fish can i catch in febuary from the coast around fort meyers n islamorada.

Lars

Return to “FlyFishing Help”