Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
pgomez1
Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by pgomez1 »

Went there yesterday, at night from 1130 to 3:00am

Very little action, clear water, no waves. A couple of people caught undersized snappers.

Only the needle fish seemed excited while I was there.

Will try again in during the weekend.

Ah, found out that the pier has the "gog bugs" I was looking for. $2 a piece

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

check the report before you go. No wind + No waves = don't bother.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Rijkaard wrote:fished yesterday 6am-5pm, early morning was pretty flat and calm with slight northern breeze and big NE swells coming by, first strip on a popping cork produced a nice fat 24" spanish, some more macks were coming up here and there, got another 18" on a kroc spoon, a couple of small storms passed by and then wind shifted from NorthEast and stayed pretty steady at 15-20 mph for all day. Current was ripping to the south and water had a nice green color. Sand perches available at middle hut and hoos by the T. Scattered gogs here and there around the pier. Bite stayed good until about 1pm then slowed down dramatically. Got 2 more 20" spanish on crappie jigs tipped with needlefish strips, lost 2 on the flip and had countless cutoffs. Big macks (5-6 lbs) were caught at the T and also a nice yellow jack came up. Also saw the biggest stargazer I have ever seen (easily 3-4 lbs), a couple of scorpion fish (not big enough to worth keeping them) and a good size sea robin coming up on a gotcha.
Nice day to be out and spend some time with fishing fellas, probably bite will pick up considerably in the next days if conditions stay like this :wink:
Good report Thanks. You said the scorpions were too small to keep. Do you eat them? I saw a show from the islands where they were eating them and they said they were great. I never knew anyone who tried it.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice :toast: :toast:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

tj5485
Fisher

Post by tj5485 »

The last few trips I have not seen many Mutton caught. What are you guys usually using to target them lately? oddly enough, The last time I caught one was on squid :happyfisherman:

raycatcher
Fisher

Post by raycatcher »

went out sat with chad and scott chad got two 5lb spanish and another 2lb spanish than he got a 10lb yellow jack and i got a 7lb spanish a nd 2 other ceros....went out monday no wind um hoos hard to come by later in the day maks came through thick i two 4lb spanishes and 3 little spanishes and some greenies all pretty good days

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

What are you guys catching the Mac's on the last couple days?
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

raycatcher
Fisher

Post by raycatcher »

hoos

Fla Shark Hunter
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Fla Shark Hunter »

I will be heading to Anglin's early AM Friday.I should be there about 5:30-6am.I am going alone so if anyone will be there look me up.My name is Nick,I'll be the spanish guy with a sleeve of tattoos.It would be great to meet some other members of the site and make some new friends.I also wanted to know what part of the pier would be the best for droping a big bait out for the thoothy criters as well.Also i am not the best pier angler since most of my time has been spent sharking on the beach,what type of rigs would be best to bring to catch some live bait for the other fish that will be in the waters.Thanks in advance for any tips that can be provided.

TEAM APEX-CAPTIAN-NICK CIPRIANO

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

the first hut is the best i think
Fla Shark Hunter wrote:I will be heading to Anglin's early AM Friday.I should be there about 5:30-6am.I am going alone so if anyone will be there look me up.My name is Nick,I'll be the spanish guy with a sleeve of tattoos.It would be great to meet some other members of the site and make some new friends.I also wanted to know what part of the pier would be the best for droping a big bait out for the thoothy criters as well.Also i am not the best pier angler since most of my time has been spent sharking on the beach,what type of rigs would be best to bring to catch some live bait for the other fish that will be in the waters.Thanks in advance for any tips that can be provided.
the first hut is the best i think
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Pick up a few sabikis in #3 or #4. Plan on losing a few sinkers if you plan on fishing the reef. The reef line starts just after the first hut and ends just before the Tee. You can catch Mojarra for bait on the sand in the shallower water using the sabiki tipped with whatever. Hopefully there will be threadfins or hoo's around which u can also catch with the sabiki and no bait. Talk to the guy running the cash register when you get there for a few pointers.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Heading out to anglins tomorrow. Any reports?

West Coast Fisherman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by West Coast Fisherman »

Fished yesterday from 8-4. Bait was sporadic with the hoo's passing by every so often, but real tough to get. Didn't get anything, and the only fish I saw caught was a big runner.
ANGLINS PIER

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Went out with two friends from 9am-1pm. The winds and surf were crazy. Had a few mack rigs out, but got nothing. I fished a bream hook with squid with a friend and ended up having some fun with that. Caught 2 jacks, some big grunts, three undersized yellowtail, a few silver jennys, a cowfish, and the biggest pilchards i've ever seen. Around 10:30am someone caught a small blacktip off the T.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Oh! My friend says he was talking to you Rob lol. Glad to finally meet someone from bf. And yeah, the bite was slow today, but catching reef fish at the T on light tackle turned out to be pretty fun.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

Anybody fish Anglins today?
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Any reports?

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Late report. I went yesterday from 9am-430pm. It was the first time my brother came with us and he doesn't do much saltwater fishing so I took him over to a chumb bag that was out and we caught some of the filefish, angels, and all of the bar jacks you wanted. I had some strip bait out, but nothing took it. My friend pulled in a few yellowtails, one almost a keeper. A few big spanish macks were caught off the T, and a nice bonita was pulled in too. My friend caught a monster trigger far out on the reef right before we left. Oh yeah, two groupers were hooked on to, one looked to be a monster gag, but neither were landed.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

and the pics Jordan :D

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

My camera on my phone broke lol D:. I'll bring an actual camera next time if I can. I'll also take pictures of the birds... I'm telling you everyone hooked on to more birds than fish.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

lol :D

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

A few of my friends are at Anglins right now. They said there's alot of bait (hoos and sardines). They also told me there are tarpon schooling like crazy and a few people got hook ups but got jumped after a short fight.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

might be hittin anglins tommorow what can i excpect with the big waves that are gonna be down there tommorow!? :scratch:
Fishing all day everyday

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Was at Anglins today from 2-sunset. Ballyhoos around. Looks like some macks were caught in the morning. While I was there, a couple bottom rods were hit, but no fish to show...I got rocked early on a cut bally by the reef but that was it for me.
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

thanks for the report!:) :dude:
Fishing all day everyday

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

Fished today from 6am-9am.

Slow day at the pier there was alot of ballyhoo around but hard to get. Saw 2 jack caught a blue runner and as i was leaving this guy hooked into a nice mack but hook came out :( That was it oh and as soon as i got there caught a small look down.

Tight Lines
Fishing all day everyday

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”