Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
frentals
KING MACKEREL

Re: Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by frentals »

Cookinman wrote:
bolo wrote:Shouldn't the Kingfish bite be going off?
Late Dec, Jan, early Feb = Time to get the reels serviced, cleaned, repaired and respooled for Spring....

There will be the usual king bite at daybreak, but for the most part the midday bite for kings is diminished, but not nonexistant these months...Good time to restock the bait freezers also.
Agreed Anthony
King bite is shity in the winter idk why everyone always says big kings in the winter, Its spring time that eveything is in full swing, mogan kings, cobes, and crevalles :dude:
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

went to he pier today from 10-5. some bonnies around. lost a poon on a frelined gog. got tried by a short cobe on a ray that wasnt big enough to at the jig

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

fishandchicks wrote:went to he pier today from 10-5. some bonnies around. lost a poon on a frelined gog. got tried by a short cobe on a ray that wasnt big enough to at the jig

Alot of tarpon around? I want to head their when it warms up because I have half days all week for school.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

i heard this am it is supposed to be warming up. thinkin of heading to deerfield friday afternoon maybe... any opinions o n the bite end of this week? its been a couple months sincei have been out

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

not a lot of poons. one pod of about 20 cme through and i happened to be ready at the time, threw a gog infrot of them, one ate it. he jumped before i set up then jumped 2 more times and threw the hook

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

I would expect the bite to get a little better by the end of this week, maybe some bluefish or macks and a shot at sightfishing a cobe or two if it ends up getting flat again.
BEAST
snapperkiller

pgomez1
Fisher

Post by pgomez1 »

Went there today for a quick sampling from 5-8am. Hoos in abundance, some gogs too. Windy (SE), cloudy and surprisingly enough, almost empty. Not much biting going on. I saw a good sice bonito caught . I caugth something that look like a lizard fish on a trolley with a gog. At least I got to hear the clicker go...

I overheard something about snook caught yesterday, but can't say for sure

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”