Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

great report :thumright: , looks like the cobia are starting to make their appearences, do u know what he caught it on?
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

He used ballyhoo.I don't know if he used a whole fish or just a chunk but you can catch ballyhoo's at the T-and as many you want.Also forget that some one caught a bonito also.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

yea those hoo's r everywhere, and lol isnt the size supposed to be min. 33"? :mrgreen: kinda unlucky
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Hey Rebel.What's up?I am surprised that you remembered my name.Not fishing lately?I will go to Dania in the morning and hope to see the same action that I saw saturday morning.I hope that the cold front bring some fish around and will post on the site tomorrow.

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

I'll be in the area for a mini-vacation, any suggestions?
Should I dig up some sand-fleas or just bring my bait bucket and rope w/ sabiki? :scratch:
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

rebel33i wrote:
malibuminix wrote:Hey Rebel.What's up?I am surprised that you remembered my name.Not fishing lately?I will go to Dania in the morning and hope to see the same action that I saw saturday morning.I hope that the cold front bring some fish around and will post on the site tomorrow.
:toast: Not much man holidays keeping me busy. I am very good with names dude and we have talked a couple times in person no way would i forget :thumright: . I haven't been out much at all but things are looking up and i have a vehicle now next time you're going to be out there(Tuesday or Wednesday) let me know bro :dude:
Hey.Thanks for the invite but I was at the pier yesterday and it was dead.And today and tomorrow I ll be job hunting.I need to find some thing cause I am out of work since June. But I am thinking about kayaking this weekend.There is a bunch of ballyhoo at Dania and that would be perfect bait from the kayak.Good luck at the pier and post some picture if you catch some thing.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Yesterday was slow, a few Macks & keeper Tail that I seen. Last night, couple of Bluefish while I was there. Bait around every night. Big Greenies, Pilchards, and some Gogs. Snook around, unfished as usual.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Thanks for the report Zeb.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Rather the day is plentiful, or slow,.. there have been some large Macks around that pier. Slobs.

released
Weekend Warrior

Post by released »

Thurs 12/24 afternoon report. Lots of wind but no current. Ballyhoo under the tee and some threadfins around. Took home one 2-3 lb bluefish for tarpon bait in my canal... No luck on that either.. Heard the AM bite was some pompano and macks but can not confim that.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

wat did u get the bluefish on and were the ballyhoo hard to get ? Btw Nice Report :dude:
Fishing all day everyday

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

Fished today from 8-3

Water was clear as can be ballyhoo everywhere did see some greenies under them but no one got em!
Had a trolly out there all my baits got sliced in half even on my stinger rig the mack hit right in the middle! :evil: Saw one cero mack (3-4lb) caught the whole time i was there nothing else. Someone got hit by a mack in the morning reeling up huge cuda skyrockets at the mack takes it and cut him !! :dude: Hopefully better luck tommorow! :dude:

Tight Lines
Fishing all day everyday

StyngRay
KING MACKEREL

Post by StyngRay »

Nice report. :thumleft:
Plain And Simple, Life's A Beach!
ABCDEDBD FISHYS?

MitchellOrdonez
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MitchellOrdonez »

nice report achot :toast: how did ur new saltist cast?

BoBo
Fisher

Post by BoBo »

hey guys i took a stroll on the pier the other night and some guy told me he caught a few pompano.... im talkin 11pm. does anyone on hear catch pompano at night? he was probably stoned...

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

MitchellOrdonez wrote:nice report achot :toast: how did ur new saltist cast?
good love it well worth its price lol!

report for today

fished 8:30-6:45

Got out there caught some mojaras then the ballyhoo started coming in so used those. TRollyed out baits had a nice run,set up on it, pulled hook.
Got close to catching a cuda little baby 1lb on a mojarra pulled hook :evil: that was gonna be my dinner. saw 2 mack caught 1 samll the other 3lbs saw another caught but the trolly wieght got stuck and he didnt get it out :( ballyhoo were around up to the point whne it got dark. some runners came around me and 2 other friends ended up catching 10 till they left :dude: guess that was it

Tight Lines
Fishing all day everyday

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

BoBo wrote:does anyone on hear catch pompano at night?
8) Hell no............Fish for snapper instead.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

Fished today with my buddy from 9:30-4

got out there plenty of mojarra to be caught, caught 40 of them went out set a trolly out waited bait got sliced then set another gigantic mojarra on a stinger rig 20 mins later my rod is screaming try to get it in cut of on 7in of wire!! :evil: Kept on going at it saw 3 mack caught nice ones and dominik caught a brusier blue runner!
Saw a king crash a hoo and cut it in half that was it ballyhoo everywhere around the t and by the last house !! Bettter luck tommorow :)

Tight Lines
Fishing all day everyday

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

dont worry..... you'll get em tomorrow.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

got out there from 9-4

caught finally my first mack on a conventional!! :) they caught about 5 or 6 today 1 6-7lber and a 5lber and i got a 3lber. :dude:
There were ballyhoo at the tee but my and dominik caught mojjara in the surf and used that but most of our trollyied mojjara got sliced!! mack were hitting live baits and crashing them its a nice way to almost start the new year! :toast:

Tight LInes
Fishing all day everyday

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

cudaking305 wrote:got out there from 9-4

caught finally my first mack on a conventional!! :) they caught about 5 or 6 today 1 6-7lber and a 5lber and i got a 3lber. :dude:
There were ballyhoo at the tee but my and dominik caught mojjara in the surf and used that but most of our trollyied mojjara got sliced!! mack were hitting live baits and crashing them its a nice way to almost start the new year! :toast:

Tight LInes
Hey Cudaking, nice report. It's good to see someone actually posts reports. Happy New Year Everyone.
It is a far better thing to have caught and lost, than to have never caught at all.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but the ability to act while facing fear

techie22311
Fisher

Post by techie22311 »

What kind of rigs do you guys use off the pier there? We're coming down to Pompano in February. I normally fish bottom rigs and fish finders up here using cut bait. Seems you guys use mostly live bait. Any help on what types of rigs I would need to build for the trip would be appreciated.

We're staying near N. 15th so I will be in walking distance of Hillsboro Inlet too. One more question is what types of fish will still be around during that time of year? Finally is fishing better at night or is it early mornings and dusk best? Thanks for any info at all and happy new year.

MitchellOrdonez
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MitchellOrdonez »

techie22311 wrote:What kind of rigs do you guys use off the pier there? We're coming down to Pompano in February. I normally fish bottom rigs and fish finders up here using cut bait. Seems you guys use mostly live bait. Any help on what types of rigs I would need to build for the trip would be appreciated.

We're staying near N. 15th so I will be in walking distance of Hillsboro Inlet too. One more question is what types of fish will still be around during that time of year? Finally is fishing better at night or is it early mornings and dusk best? Thanks for any info at all and happy new year.

Welcome to the forum.

Here at dania pier 80% of the time we use trolley rigs. Heres a link on how to do it http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=6008
This is a way to keep the bait at the surface, this is very effective for macks and kings. The only problem is when u get a bit u have to reel like a madman to catch up with the sinker.

The bait used is ballyhoo,mojaras, and other bait local at the pier

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by westcoast »

i don't know about 80% trolley rigs...

i'd have to disagree and say we mostly freeline

using live bait - no weight at all, staying in touch with your line as the bait goes out. use a long shank hook... don't use wire you'll land more fish but you won't hook more fish...
California-Florida fisherman

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

MitchellOrdonez wrote:
Here at dania pier 80% of the time we use trolley rigs.
8) No. Maybe 15 or so people use those stupid googan rigs. And those are not trolly rigs, even though some call it that. You all catch less fish because of using them, and prevent others from catching more fish too.

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

as the fishermans following the rules he or she can fish how ever they wants just cause you dont like it oh well deal with it
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”