Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Cookinman »

Rijkaard wrote:
WetWillie wrote:I met one kid on the pier that was a chef in a sushi restaurant, and he brought a cleaver with him. He'd catch a runner, cut out the top of the fillet, above the lateral line, and he said that's what a lot of people in his restaurant are eating. It was all good meat and he could cut like a surgeon with that cleaver. He gave me a hit and it was good. :chef:
that's what I'm trying to explain since long time ago...blue runners have good meat, but you have to trim out ALL the blood line :wink:
:stupid:

The shoulders are the best cut. Unfortunatly there is a ton of meat wasted to get to a small amount of good stuff.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

I was out on Thursday not much bait around but at about 830 ( High Tide I believe) I got my first pier fish a little 12" lane snapper. I thought I was doing well :happyfisherman: then about 5 minutes later I get nailed and flip over the rail my 1st Snook as well( I cheered like it was Tuesday and got my picture and released em back in )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pucked up brewery
"adding more ABV per bottle so you can add more inches to your last catch...

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

kiz wrote:I was out on Thursday not much bait around but at about 830 ( High Tide I believe) I got my first pier fish a little 12" lane snapper. I thought I was doing well :happyfisherman: then about 5 minutes later I get nailed and flip over the rail my 1st Snook as well( I cheered like it was Tuesday and got my picture and released em back in )
Congrats, that is a good snook pier.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

FysherKing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by FysherKing »

congrats on the snook
"A Bad Day of Fishing is Still Better than a Good Day at Work"
...Team Reel Life...

Big Mac
Fisher

Post by Big Mac »

I also agree there should be a limit put on blue runners, because people over do it they take them home by the fiftys. if they would put like a 7 fish limit per person per day the piers wouldnt be so crowded , espicially deerfield. :!:
Code Brown

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Big Mac wrote:if they would put like a 7 fish limit per person per day the piers wouldnt be so crowded , espicially deerfield. :!:

I think then what would happen is that the 40 or so people back at the 2 bedroom apartment would have to show up with 3 rods each....might make it worse. :happyfisherman:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

:stupid:

Big Mac
Fisher

Post by Big Mac »

Cookinman wrote:
Big Mac wrote:if they would put like a 7 fish limit per person per day the piers wouldnt be so crowded , espicially deerfield. :!:

I think then what would happen is that the 40 or so people back at the 2 bedroom apartment would have to show up with 3 rods each....might make it worse. :happyfisherman:

Pretty funny that you brought up the 40 people in the 2 bedroom apartment. but the said thing is, that its true.
Code Brown

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

I think that you all need to relax about the whole blue runner situation... If FWC thought that there was a problem they would lower the limit, which is currently at 100lbs/person per day (for all of you who said that there is NO limit). Ya, maybe the pier gets a little congested, but these people have every right to be out there... just like you. And you can sit on these forums and whine all you want, but is that really going to change anything? People rape the gogs and pilchards or whatever other baitfish they can get their hands on all day long, but I don’t see anyone b******g over that.

Big Mac
Fisher

Post by Big Mac »

# one wrote:I think that you all need to relax about the whole blue runner situation... If FWC thought that there was a problem they would lower the limit, which is currently at 100lbs/person per day (for all of you who said that there is NO limit). Ya, maybe the pier gets a little congested, but these people have every right to be out there... just like you. And you can sit on these forums and whine all you want, but is that really going to change anything? People rape the gogs and pilchards or whatever other baitfish they can get their hands on all day long, but I don’t see anyone b******g over that.
well most people that fish for bait know at least a thing or two about what they're doing and dont cast 8 ft. chicken rigs across three trollys and then reel all the way up for one 6 inch runner!!!!!!!!!!! :scold:
Code Brown

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

I was out there from about 630 to 11. Seen quite a few mac, and happy coolers walking out as I got there. Jumped a poon maybe 40 lbs then I got broke off in the piling. Picked up a small blue. Saw a small mango and a few more blues come over while I was there Guess I got out a bit late.
Pucked up brewery

Big Mac
Fisher

Post by Big Mac »

C.J. wrote:Has anyone been out there lately? I am thinking of going sometime this week for C&R snooking. 8)
Trying to go for snook at pompano during season isnt for everyone. it takes a lot of work and they really dont like to feed. Though a lot have been caught they are spread out over a good period of time. In my opinion if you want a better chance at alot of snook in one day, because your doing catch and release, go to deer field wit runner heads on bottom there. the snook are there u just gotta work them. Or if u wana make the drive, juno is a good bet.
Code Brown

Swordslayer71
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Swordslayer71 »

fished today 10/21 from 1230-330. Right as I showed up bluefish were EVERYWHERE. I was working my pink Spro jig and got a diesel pompano, it was pretty funny watching people's faces as I threw him back. The bluefish bite was solid for an hour or so then started to fade. Saw a couple waves of mullet come through every 30 minutes or so, with one of the schools having a pair of 100+ lb tarpon on them just gulping mouthfuls at a time, really cool to watch. Other than that saw a stud blacktip chasing one school, and pompano were consistent towards the end but they were all 6-8 inches. The blues were hitting anything, and the pomps were preffering the small goofy jigs in green, with some even hitting small gotchas.
Hold Fast

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

C.J. wrote: I have no problem catching snook there. I been fishing there for 20 years now. So catching snook at fishermans wharf is no problem for me :thumright:
Wow I haven't heard anyone call in fishermans wharf in a few years

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

SaltLife27 wrote:
C.J. wrote: I have no problem catching snook there. I been fishing there for 20 years now. So catching snook at fishermans wharf is no problem for me :thumright:
Wow I haven't heard anyone call in fishermans wharf in a few years
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

There has never been a problem catching snook at pomp you just have to know how to walk the walk!! CJ knows what its all about ive seen him catch many snook trying to keep up with me!! :lol:
WHEN THE SEAS GET ROUGH GET ROUGH WITH IT!!!

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

Whats up Chris! I still fish pompano alot but mostly fish Boynton because I live 5 minutes from there, the snook have been chewin along with tarpon and bluefish non stop and the mangroves and the muttons have been solid as long as these winds and seas stay here. I am ready for the seas to lay down a little so I can get back out on the boat and also walk the beach for some snook since the mullet are pretty solid!

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

went last night from about 530 -8 seen FWC twice in that time once as I got there and once as I was pulling out of the lot. I'm sure the did some "business" last night. A few ppl out there trying to ignore the rules :scold: Caught a small blue and a good rain. Short trip rough weather. Surfers were maybe15 yrds out of the south side :mad:
Pucked up brewery

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

Was there at that spot a few weeks ago and did real good got a huge cubera on big pilchard and 3 keeper muttons which was not normal and you know how the grovers are there! Got some macks and 2 blacktips that were small.Lets go down soon! I found a new spot to hit down there at sun down the grovers are insane and I saw some permit that gave me chills when they were chewin on the bridge but couldnt get them to eat..

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

I stopped fishing it last year when I saw like 20 people out there and just went back there in September and it was pretty hot but nothing like it used to be I will let you know when I go down. I never wanted to go there with people because of that very reason and the time I went and saw 20 people they had that place destroyed!!!!!

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

Not like they used to be but they were there and the pilchards were thicker then ever.

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Post by Harpmanr »

Fished Saturday 10/24: got to the pier at 2 am and threw out some finger mullet for bluefish. Caught one 3lbs about 1/2 hour later. No more hits for about 2 hours then got cut off. Nothing until the sun came up. Tied on a gold with yellow head Gotcha and all hell broke loose. From 6:30 to 9:30 I caught so many spanish macks that my arms were hurting. Caught my limit and released the rest. I left at 9:30 six Gotcha's lighter. Looks like I will have to go to Atlantic bait and tackle and replenish my supply. It was weird, almost every fish I caught measured 14 " with the exception of one which was 16". Also caught a cuttlefish on a Gotcha just as I was pulling it up from under the pier. More info: the tide was high outgoing and the wind had shifted out of the west about 5 MPH. The current was not flowing very strong and I believe that held the fish near the pier. There was absolutely no bait and every fish that I cleaned when I got home had nothing in their stomachs. Can't beat all the action and fish for just $4.00 to get on the pier.
"Life is a gift from God. Fish it as much as possible." "The happier you are, the happier you become."

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

great report :thumleft:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Rayman67
Fisher

Post by Rayman67 »

I went from 3:30pm to 7:30pm today and was not rewarded with dinner. On a brighter note, there were plenty 6"-7" ladyfish next to the pier 1/3 of the way out, asking to be eaten by a snook like a snickers bar on Holloween night. :biglaugh:
Tight lines and remember, keep only what you can eat.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

any reports?
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Post by Harpmanr »

Early morning yesterday right after the sun came up until around 9 lots of spanish macks and a few bluefish. After 9 the bite slowed way down. No bait around so bring lots of Gotcha's and feathers. I lose about 6 to cut offs every time I go.
"Life is a gift from God. Fish it as much as possible." "The happier you are, the happier you become."

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

ok thanx,wat abuot the evining bite?

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Post by Harpmanr »

They've caught a couple just legal muttons & yellowtail off of the SE corner of the tee. Also, some bluefish & ladyfish. That's about it at night. If you go bring a lantern that you can hang down and maybe you can attract some bait, although I haven't seen any bait there in days.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

ok

C-MONEY

Post by C-MONEY »

Was at the pompano pier today from about 4:30-6. No bait. No fish. Nothing. The pier was pretty packed but all i saw caught was a centiped and about a 6 inch yellowtail.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”