Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Jordan »

I was with C money and I can second that. No bait in sight. We also hit up the hilsboro inlet and the only things caught were a cuda and a few runners.

SenorCommando
Fisher

Post by SenorCommando »

I was at Pompano Pier, fishing an all nighter until the morning and the fishing wasn't that great. There was no bait so I was using sardines that I bought from Aces and I caught 2 small grovers, a blue fish, a small red grouper, a couple of jacks, and I also caught a morray eel that got hooked in the ass OUCH :shock: . I tried throwing a gotcha and a feather jig for macks, but there was no macks at all. It's a shame because the breeze and the water condition seemed perfect for macks to show up

So get this, I was riggin up my rods when these 2 shirtless guys walked on the pier and started talking to my friend about how fishing on the pier is g a y, so I turned to them and said "theres nothing gayer than 2 half naked guys who are not fishing on the pier". They basically had nothing to say after that, and just walked off the pier. My buddy, Gary was with me and he was laughing his ass off :lol: . So, if your ever on the pier and don't have nothing good to say , don't say it at all. It might just come back and bite you in the ass :eye:

SenorCommando
Fisher

Post by SenorCommando »

I was told that a fat 25 inch Mutton and a nice 34 1/2 inch Cobia were caught off the pier about two weeks ago. Both were caught using live grunts. I guess I gotta start using those bastards for baits then :nemo:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

SenorCommando wrote:Both were caught using live grunts. I guess I gotta start using those bastards for baits then :nemo:
those bastards r always released by me......i always thought they do no good :mrgreen: but thats a real nice mutton :shock: lol most ppl get excited about their 17" muttons
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Superocean9
Fisher

Post by Superocean9 »

Sat. 12/26 fished from 3 PM to dark. Caught a Spanish Mack 17" on an minnow lure about an hour before sunset. Made my day. I'll be back.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”