Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Ryan71
Old Salt

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by Ryan71 »

Fished today from 9 to 5. Caught a few mackeral. :nilly: Not many other fish landed besides a 10inch cobe I caught and a 25lb cuda some kid caught. Other than that many busts could be seen out of casting range (macks and bonita). Also some 15lb jacks chased in my diamond jig but didnt get the hook. A pair of cobes shot out from under the pier at 10:30 and followed down our jigs but didnt hit. :mad: (lots of mantas in the morning.) Last when I balloned out a 5inch runner a king slamed him 50ft from the pier and riped him off the hook b4 I could get tight. :mad:

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Oh yeah and also large pods of decent tarpon rolled by until about noon.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

If a cobia is willing to eat they usually eat anything. If they are not willing to eat then they won't. It is as simple as that.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

So there! :tongue:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

u want cobia????? use eels
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Tough to find and always have on hand at a pier.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

And one of the tastiest :mrgreen:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

lol i was just about to put those exact words
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

First post for me, most of ya'll know me as nick that hangs out with mike n maggie. This morning a pod of cobes rolled through n 4 were hooked and landed. All shrts on a bottom ray with a nice 20-30 pounder with em'. Roy and I were frantically trying to get measurements on the fish, tag them and get them back in the water and get a shot at the big guy but we lost site of him. I didn't even get a shot at pod, I would've hooked up if I did, if it wasn't
the big boy it would've been one of the shorts that were all over. All i did was net fish once everyones was on the deck the ray was long gone. I was out there all day yesterday and two cobes were lost when Elias spotted about 20 fish on top. it was slow after that until the permit rolled in around 6pm and kept biting til' 9 but i was stupid and left once all the stupid kids bombed the crap outta the pod with cobe jigs thinking the fish would leave. Probably going tomorrow morning before work lookin for cobes.
-Nick

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Hey nick good job u finally got on the forum. :toast:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

good report. 8)

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

welcome SS08 great report make me feel like going overthere :D

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Thanks for the report. I heard there were cobia landed on the pier.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

There were some cobes yesterday but none today. Other fishing wasnt very bad though. My friend snagged a mullet out of some random pod of them passing by the pier. Then I fliped him out on my rod trying to make him swim. That mullet wouln't so I then handed the rod to my other friend a said"hold this Im gonna go make another rig." I didnt even get to my box and I turn to see my buddy jacking into a fish on my rod. I then turned around and snatched the rod from him seeing it to be about a 40lb spinner shark. I fought that shark for a bout 6 min then got him straight up and down and broke him off. Fun on 30lb test. :happyfisherman: Then throught the day the pier caught a few macks, runners, ladyfish, and other random fish all on gotchas. Near three thirty I caught a 17inch pompano on a gotcha(my biggest). 3 more decent pomps were caught around me also. All on gotchas. Before dark the oriental army started to make their way out casting out about 20 bottom rods. They then caught near 7 small bonefishand a billon runners all kept. :scold: Me and my buddies then called FWC. Which for some reason couldnt find the short bonefish in their coolers. :scratch: (secret compartments in their coolers) :scratch: Not a bad day altogether minus the illegal bonefish.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

good job tryinf for the FWC and nice report, but why the BEEP would u keep a bone, lol hence the name. i can understand runners, but still
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

If it swims the orientals will eat it. I mean its alright keeping your legal amount thats what the laws are there for. The bones have to be 18inches and it is 1 per person. There were only 3 in this group that had a least 7 , 15inchers.

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Went out for only an hour last night around 7:30 pm with my son. Only saw two ladyfish caught by one guy using a gotcha on the North-West corner of the "T". Nice swells rolling in, we got cold and headed home.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Anyone fish the pier during the day the last couple of days? Just wondering if there are still a few sp macs around or if they have left? Any report??

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

the macs are there and chewin on crappie jigs. Went today and saw a boat pull up just to the south then 5min later i hear stevie yell "first shot"! Two nice 40 pounders come by but the boat spooked em' and they were haulin ass. had a couple pods of manatees come by and we bounced our jigs off em and under em but no cobes on them today. other than that macs and some runners along with a couple bonies on crappie jigs. Today was the first day in over a month though that we could see bottom rays the few we saw had nothing on em but hopefully the water stays clean and we'll jack a few fish off em.
-Nick

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Thanks slayer.....planning to hit the morning bite tomorrow morning and see if I can put a couple somethings in the cooler. Gotta start the new year off right!! :reeling:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”