Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your fishing reports for this 2009 year
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

S M McInto
Weekend Warrior

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by S M McInto »

Spent about 5 hours out there yesterday from about 1-6....VERY slow day all across the pier. Saw a total of about 3 fish hit the deck. Very very windy out of the E NE dragging our lines everywhere. Came close to catching a couple surfers a couple times, but thats about it.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." Steven Wright

Morpheus
Seasoned Fisher

Re: hello

Post by Morpheus »

Never fry bacon naked!

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Stopped out on the Juno pier this evening around 7:00 pm. There were 6 people fishing. Saw two Spots caught. One guy and his wife had 3 rods out with crabs for Permit and one other guy had a crab out. Nothing while I was there.
Then went to the Jupiter Inlet. Moon came up but tide still running in hard so I didn't fish. There were two guys fishing on the rocks and half dozen others partying and watching the moon.
Ocean was flat. Nice night out.

raycatcher
Fisher

Post by raycatcher »

like a month ago me and mike went out there and every one had a cob jig with the van stall i mean it was like advertising i think i counted 31 stall and many more came but all an all mike got 10-12lb king and i got a 4lb mak which i fished for this beast cuda and i seen a hell lot of poons

clubhunter
Fisher

Post by clubhunter »

How has the Cobia fishing been so far this year off the pier?

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

from the lack of posts from JunoChris i'd say non existant.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Your pretty much right. There has been a handful caught in the last two monthes but not many. There has been a lot of fish caught on boats but almost all the fish have been right at Jupiter Inlet or north of the inlet all the way up to Jenson. The pier has been a desert for a while now and I have been fishing the beach farther north and doing real well, so I havent had much reason to go to the pier. Nick goes to the pier just about everyday and he hasnt seen many cobes up there at all.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

clubhunter
Fisher

Post by clubhunter »

JunoChris wrote:Your pretty much right. There has been a handful caught in the last two monthes but not many. There has been a lot of fish caught on boats but almost all the fish have been right at Jupiter Inlet or north of the inlet all the way up to Jenson. The pier has been a desert for a while now and I have been fishing the beach farther north and doing real well, so I havent had much reason to go to the pier. Nick goes to the pier just about everyday and he hasnt seen many cobes up there at all.
That sux! are the boats cutting them off before they get to the pier? I notice that the piers down south have been doing ok with the cobes. Was last year better?

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Fish the beaches north of the pier. Go to the blue roofs. The Pompano are there.

horsemin
Weekend Warrior

Post by horsemin »

I have not seen ayone catching pomps for awhile - am I missing something???

horsemin
Weekend Warrior

Post by horsemin »

FYI: No pomps caught north of the pier this week.

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

I went to the pier last night. Attendant said one cobe caught during the day. Only three people out there at 7:30 pm and only one guy knew what he was doing. Nice guy who has been fishing the area for a long time.

Anyhow- The person I met caught a bluefish and sent it out on a balloon. Things were chasing it all around but it did not get eatin. He caught a blacktip before I arrived. I was too lazy to bring my gear and kicked myself in the butt because there were a couple of blues and runners available for bait. The blues were there but no one was fishing for them while I was there. We hung out and talked about old friends for a couple of hours.

Was a nice night.
Last edited by Goat on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Thanks for the report Goat.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Went to pier last night just to see if anyone was catching anything. Met Chris but forgot to ask if it was JunoChris. Anyhow- nice to meet you Chris. Sounds like some sharks around earlier but nothing while I was there. One guy caught some spots.

upant
Fisher

Post by upant »

Today I stopped north of the pier and saw a couple of guys coming off empty handed

went on to Jupiter and not much there

more fisherman in the lot then on the wall

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Fished the Juno Pier tonight (Thursday). Lots of spinners jumping out past the buoys before dark. Hooked and cut off by two spinners after dark. One on a finger mullet (80 lb mono leader) and one on chunk mullet (6 inches of wire tied to 80 lb mono leader). One guy showed sometime after 8:00 fishing squid and he started catching good size runners every few minutes. Started getting cold so headed home around 8:30.

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Post by HookinSnook »

Goat wrote:Fished the Juno Pier tonight (Thursday). Lots of spinners jumping out past the buoys before dark. Hooked and cut off by two spinners after dark. One on a finger mullet (80 lb mono leader) and one on chunk mullet (6 inches of wire tied to 80 lb mono leader). One guy showed sometime after 8:00 fishing squid and he started catching good size runners every few minutes. Started getting cold so headed home around 8:30.

Thanks for the report Goat. :salut:
Frank

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Good reports goat. You gotta hit it right one of these nights.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Last edited by Goat on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Fished the Juno pier this evening (Monday) . Caught a bluefish on a finger mullet and tossed the bluefish back out out on the bottom on some bigger gear off the north side of the T. Had a run after about 15 minutes but never got a hook set. I'm not having much luck with the circle hooks.

Another guy fishing had two bluefish on finger mullet. He had light spinning gear and very little weight with his bait drifting in off the north west corner of the pier. His line broke when he was pulling the fish up out of the water.

They said someone hooked up with a cobia just before I arrived and their line broke. Also another guy from South Africa said he had a spinner on drifting a small bonita head out under a float off the North West corner.

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Waz up guys! IS anybody catching any macks out there on the pier? I called today and the guy at the bait shop said that they were catching macks and bluefish at night. can anybody post any reports on what's bitting out there. I'm planning to go to the pier on thursday. thanks.
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

I fished the pier this evening (Tuesday) from 7:30 - 9:15. One bluefish caught when I arrived and the guy gave it to me for bait. Tossed it out off the North/West corner of the "T" (people were in the other spots) and soaked for about an hour. People moved and I tossed it out off the North/East corner of the "T". Hooked up with a hammer after 1/2 hour. Got it to the pier and was about 6 foot. Finally got the circle hooks to work.

Blues or something started hitting around 8:30 on finger mullet but everyone kept missing them. Crabs were taking the bait early until I gave them some small yellow floats to put above the hooks to keep it off the bottom and then they were getting hit by fish but missing. Looked like blues since the baits were cut clean at the head. One guy caught a runner just before I left.

Someone else had a shark on before I arrived and said spinners were around earlier in the day.
Last edited by Goat on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Thanks for the report. Good job on the Hammer Goat. :thumright:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

good detailed report. Those bluefish do some serious damage.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

james380

Post by james380 »

anubis10111 wrote:Waz up guys! IS anybody catching any macks out there on the pier? I called today and the guy at the bait shop said that they were catching macks and bluefish at night. can anybody post any reports on what's bitting out there. I'm planning to go to the pier on thursday. thanks.
I wouldn't listen to sh|t that the pier attendants say. They've been known to lie there arses off. If you're just looking for Macs try Deerfield or Anglins.
- Charlton Heston
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Post by bigboyjames11 »

james380 wrote:
anubis10111 wrote:Waz up guys! IS anybody catching any macks out there on the pier? I called today and the guy at the bait shop said that they were catching macks and bluefish at night. can anybody post any reports on what's bitting out there. I'm planning to go to the pier on thursday. thanks.
I wouldn't listen to sh|t that the pier attendants say. They've been known to lie there arses off. If you're just looking for Macs try Deerfield or Anglins.

hey hey hey. not all of them lie :twisted:

i had 2 fishing reports. one for the people i knew(the real one, which included all the fish being caught, like snapper and snook) and then i had the report for people i knew were bring 10 rods and a bucket full of squid(which included runners, and sand perch)
only the big and strong survive

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

james380 wrote:I wouldn't listen to sh|t that the pier attendants say. They've been known to lie there arses off. If you're just looking for Macs try Deerfield or Anglins.
They only lie to you James. You have SUCKER written over your forehead. :D

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Guys hanks for the reports. Did anybody had any luck today? I would try anglins but they charge too much. Don't get me wrong I've fished there before and everyone that I met are super cool. and they had giving me good fishing tips. Maybe I'll try my luck tomorrow at juno. I was thinking of going to the Marco Island area to try my luck catching some trout. I had caught them there before. I'll keep your guys posted.
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

james380

Post by james380 »

BOLO you can read SUCKER onmy forehead thru the phone? :roll:

lol James no not everyone.

Good luck Anubis.
- Charlton Heston