Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by fixed80 »

:cheers:

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

JunoChris wrote:Never sold a fish in my life and never had to, I have a job. I eat fish every night of the week as long as I have some fresh and if I have extra it goes to family and friends.

I have been to juno this snook season a few times and I see JunoChris pulling fish out of the water every time. I'm heading there tomorrow on the prowl for a keeper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

rshields wrote:
JunoChris wrote:Never sold a fish in my life and never had to, I have a job. I eat fish every night of the week as long as I have some fresh and if I have extra it goes to family and friends.

I have been to juno this snook season a few times and I see JunoChris pulling fish out of the water every time. I'm heading there tomorrow on the prowl for a keeper.
JunoChris is a very experience fisherman. Juno and surrounding area is his backyard. :D
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

bolo wrote:
rshields wrote:

JunoChris is a very experience fisherman. Juno and surrounding area is his backyard. :D

I watch and learn

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

frentals wrote: Your ego is is up there, or your just amazing,all bow down to the king of Dania pier.
:jocolor:

On another notw you love guys in sunglasses cause half of all your post have this smilie 8)
8) No ego at all. You brown nosers are entertaining though.

Anyways,. was there till noon today. Macks and Bluefish were pretty steady. saw 1 Snook around 25 to 30 come over the rail, no others.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Zebco wrote:Anyways,. was there till noon today. Macks and Bluefish were pretty steady. saw 1 Snook around 25 to 30 come over the rail, no others.

pounds or inches

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) It was a giant. I saw a handful of others swimming around, a few were slots. Not many people bothered with them. Too many toothy critters to entertain the rest of the people there.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

so if i go tomorrow... like in the afternoon to evening time, what can i expect.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Hit the pier this morning with Fishnfool. Macs and Bluefish around. Summer bait around the pier. 150 miles not worth it. Oh Joy!

Nice meeting you RShield. Finally put a face to your name.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Got a couple shorts this evening. There was only a couple macks and one nice King.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

gotcha :thumright:

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished the pier yesterday, Sun, from day light to 7pm. Bait was plentiful all day, however most of it fairly small. Ribbonfish were everywhere first thing in the morning to the point of being a nuisance....however, there was the odd mack and king mixed in with them. After the ribbons cleared out, there was quite a few mack caught, before the ladyfish and blues took over. I did see some small schools of mullet go through late in the day as well as something crashing a large school of them up close to the beach. All in all, it was a fairly active day with only a couple of slow times that lasted for an hour or so. Did not see any snook come over the rail....at least not on the T.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Fished from crack of light till 2:30. Small 1 lbr Bluefish early on, around 100 or so Macks caught while I was there. 4 slot Snook, and 1 "just oversized" Redfish at the T. Nothing like last week though on the Spanish. But there's some fish to catch.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

The pier is a run on the highway if you live south like we do 120 miles round trip for me...Nice meeting you Bolo and Chris. Thanks Rick

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

One keeper and one short yesterday morning and one big 30+ pd snook this morning. The water turned real dirty last night and this morning, little if any macks but a good amount of little bluefish and ribbonfish.
Team Blackbart

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

why aren't those kinds around if the ribbons are there :?:

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Got two shorts, one over, and one keeper this morning. Other then snook I didnt really see much going on. A few macks, a couple nice mangroves early, and that was about it. At first light the Tarpon were working some mullet but that ended before 7.
Some guy got busted for keeping a 35 inch snook. He caught it and everyone told him it was too big, but he put it in a bucket and put it in his car and then came back out to fish. FWC came out and walked him out to his car. I dont get how you think you are going to get away with something like considering how many people are there.
Team Blackbart

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

That's a shame in regards to the Snook. Nice to see FWC show up though.

I got one short this morning off the beach just south of the pier.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

after leaving lake worth pier. i went to gander mountain... looked around, and then left there to go straight to Juno. as i got there, the water was milky and I thought this was going to be bad. so instead of fishing right away... I walked on the pier to see what were people catching. it turned out to be very few ladyfish and some blues. I did see several mullet schools swimming about but never stayed around. when it got late into the afternoon, things start changing then. the fish turned on at the tee and also outside the surf beyond the south-side of the pier. anyway... some anglers did managed to get a few macks once the bite started and several ladyfish were also caught too. when the mullet moved closer towards the pier... the tarpon cam around nailing a few anglers baits. the first tarpon i saw hooked came from the east side of the tee and the man fought it near the beach. close but not quite. the fish broke him off. the second person i saw hooked up to one was not at the tee. he got it further down the pier around the first hut. after about a 10 or 15 minute fight(that's what it seemed to me but could be mistaken), the fish wore out. after that point, the angler broke it off near the tee. so everyone was pleased to see the beast up close. some pictures were taken and then all of us resume back to fishing. snook then took over at the tee for a short period of time. there were actually quite a few landed but most of them were small. jacks also was the secondary bite but they were only 2lbs or so.

Report Done!

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Thanks for the report fixed 80... I'm heading to the surf before light then to the pier in the Am

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Chris, glad to hear FWC got the snook bandit, exspecially walking him out to his car for the bust

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

im plannin to go to the juno pier this weekend, never been there befor, nd i would lov to hear my drag scream on those macks, bluefish, and jacks , a slot snook would be nice to eat also; any tips, and is it open 24 hours. But too bad its sooo FAR away from boca
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:im plannin to go to the juno pier this weekend, never been there befor, nd i would lov to hear my drag scream on those macks, bluefish, and jacks , a slot snook would be nice to eat also; any tips, and is it open 24 hours. But too bad its sooo FAR away from boca
Juno Pier opens at first light. It has been slow fishing and you need to work hard for your catch. Unless a school of mullet comes thru.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Seen a few keeper Snook'ems and a bunch swimming around early on. Caught 4 shorties.
Pulled the hook on all slots. It's a conspiracy.

Macks scattered later in the AM after the Ladyfish being turned to sushi the 1st few hours of day. Bolted at 1:30.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The snook were kicking my butt yesterday morning, I went like 4 for 9 all the wrong size. Came back in the afternoon and did much better. For the day 7 shorts, 2 overs, and 2 keepers.
A few macks and ladyfish. Real clear water and the bait is very small. Mullet were there but the snook seem more interested in tiny Hadens and Sardines.
Team Blackbart

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

Fished from 6am -12pm. Millions of Jacks, Few Macks, Runners, and some keeper snappers.

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Any other good reports for juno pier for today?
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

This morning I caught a couple decent mangroves and a keeper snook. I saw one other keeper caught. Went back in the evening and there was nothing at all. There is no bait left, the fish I caught in the morning were on baits I brought with me.
Team Blackbart

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”