Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by Cookinman »

rob762 wrote:oh, almost forgot this part. There were quite a few crabs swimming at the surface. I must've counted at least 30 in the 45 minutes I was there...
Thats great inel, Rob, thanks.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

clubhunter
Fisher

Post by clubhunter »

Any brownies cruising the beaches yet?

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Not at the pier. The water temp by the pier is still 80 degrees. There has been a couple shorts caught by tourist and Dave caught one that was barely keeper but they havent really shown up yet and wont until that water temp drops some.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

clubhunter
Fisher

Post by clubhunter »

Appreciate the update....

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Anyone fish the pier over the last couple of days? Just wondering if there is any kind of active bite there now with the cold front coming in.....any report would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

fishaddict0916 wrote:Anyone fish the pier over the last couple of days? Just wondering if there is any kind of active bite there now with the cold front coming in.....any report would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
My friend told me it was dead this morning. I dont know about the afternoon

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished the pier Sat the 28th from 5:30am to 3:30pm....saw a couple sp macks caught, 1 cobe (about 1" short)so released, and heard there were a couple snook and blues caught in the surf, but other than that, it was DEAD out there!! :salut:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

fishaddict0916 wrote:Fished the pier Sat the 28th from 5:30am to 3:30pm....saw a couple sp macks caught, 1 cobe (about 1" short)so released, and heard there were a couple snook and blues caught in the surf, but other than that, it was DEAD out there!! :salut:
macks...cobia.....snook.....blues... doesnt seem too dead out there to me
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

10 keeper fish in a 10 hour stretch with 100 people fishing?? That's dead for that pier!!

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

lol yea i guess u got a point haha
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

fished the beach for pomps about 1/2 mile N. of Juno pier from 6:30am to 11am... friend got one good-sized pomp about 6:45am... I caught a small runnner (and a pelican)... nothing else.... did see a school of fish swimming by about 10" each, threw a big plug, but no action.... didn't seem like any predator around them. Beautiful day, tho!
Jeff

inshoreguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by inshoreguy »

You guys who are looking for some action (haha) need to get up to Sebastian Inlet. Yes it was very crowded up there this weekend but between Saturday and Sunday I probably saw 500 to 600 Spanish Mackeral being caught (all big fish). At least 150 Black drum up to 10 lbs. 40 to 50 keeper Snook and 100 slob Redfish that were all way to big to keep. Not to mention a bunch of Bluefish and a handful of nice Flounder.

I limited out both days of Spanish Mackeral with my son and we ended up with a total of 17 Black drum over the weeked.

Anyone who knows how the fishing can be at Sebastian Inlet will tell you that this is all true.

Yes it is about a 2 to 2.5 hr ride for most of us, but well worth the ride. I know I'll be back up there this up coming weekend.

All I can say is that I cant wait for all of those Macks to make there way down to our area.

Good luck to all.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

:shock:... :dude: :dude: i need to get there as SOON as possible, cant wait for my winter break

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

inshoreguy wrote:Yes it is about a 2 to 2.5 hr ride for most of us, but well worth the ride.
8) is that so, it only takes me an 1hr and a half either way. :)

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I got two keeper snook and a short on Sunday. Other then that a couple macks and thats about it, maybe the fish will show up after the cold front at the end of the week but who knows.
Team Blackbart

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Got one keeper snook and a short this morning. This evening there was a few macks around. Other then that it was real dead. Doesnt look like this front is going to do what we need it to.
Team Blackbart

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the Report Chris :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

A few mackeral were caught in the morning on live sand perch. Then everything slowed down until about 3. Then lots of Bluefish came through. Other than that the day was pretty slow.

cigar
Fisher

Post by cigar »

Sorry, the discussion was about trolley rigs and an untrue statement was posted about GSP. Didnt mean to derail

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Fished the pier this evening (Sunday) from dark until 9:00 pm. Bluefish and runners were non-stop with the majority being bluefish by the time I left. Lots of fun and I stayed on the North/West corner just to stay out of the fray. Lots of people using triple rigs for runners and they were pulling up two and three bluefish at a time. Lots of them broke off when they were trying to hand line them up since their rods were too light. Some sharks mixed in too.

I was the only one out of 40 people I counted on the "T" that spoke English when I left. I don't mind that and fun to see everyone catching fish but they made the place a mess. One guy balled up a huge tangle of line, walked from the East end of the T to the West side and started to throw it over the side in front of me. I yelled at him to stop and he looked at me like I had a third eye on my forehead and threw it over anyway. I told him not to do that again but he did not appear to understand English. There were empty bait bags blowing over the side into the water, saw one bait box go in (guy kicked it under the rail), and garbage everywhere on the deck (most of it was not there when I arrived).

Lots of fish though, lots of fun, and looked like the word got out because there were still quite a few people arriving when I left.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Goat wrote:Fished the pier this evening (Sunday) from dark until 9:00 pm. Bluefish and runners were non-stop with the majority being bluefish by the time I left. Lots of fun and I stayed on the North/West corner just to stay out of the fray. Lots of people using triple rigs for runners and they were pulling up two and three bluefish at a time. Lots of them broke off when they were trying to hand line them up since their rods were too light. Some sharks mixed in too.

I was the only one out of 40 people I counted on the "T" that spoke English when I left. I don't mind that and fun to see everyone catching fish but they made the place a mess. One guy balled up a huge tangle of line, walked from the East end of the T to the West side and started to throw it over the side in front of me. I yelled at him to stop and he looked at me like I had a third eye on my forehead and threw it over anyway. I told him not to do that again but he did not appear to understand English. There were empty bait bags blowing over the side into the water, saw one bait box go in (guy kicked it under the rail), and garbage everywhere on the deck (most of it was not there when I arrived).

Lots of fish though, lots of fun, and looked like the word got out because there were still quite a few people arriving when I left.
The oriental army is an unstoppable force for sure. Every morning when I come out before work the place is a mess. The rails are covered with squid,bait boxes everywhere, and even one morning there was two small blacktips cut up and left in a big plastic bag in the middle of the T. They really need to hire someone to clean the pier every morning.
Team Blackbart

Frogfish101
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Frogfish101 »

Nice report! Sucks that people treat the place like trash though....
"Our lives are defined by the sum of our ventures into the unknown."
-Juro Mukai

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

JunoChris wrote:
Goat wrote:Fished the pier this evening (Sunday) from dark until 9:00 pm. Bluefish and runners were non-stop with the majority being bluefish by the time I left. Lots of fun and I stayed on the North/West corner just to stay out of the fray. Lots of people using triple rigs for runners and they were pulling up two and three bluefish at a time. Lots of them broke off when they were trying to hand line them up since their rods were too light. Some sharks mixed in too.

The oriental army is an unstoppable force for sure. Every morning when I come out before work the place is a mess. The rails are covered with squid,bait boxes everywhere, and even one morning there was two small blacktips cut up and left in a big plastic bag in the middle of the T. They really need to hire someone to clean the pier every morning.
The Asians annoy the hell out of me and those are my people. Inconsiderate and they love stealing my fish. I curse one out every week.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Surprised to hear the blacktips were left there (no matter what the size) and not in a stew pot

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Fished the pier again tonight (Monday) from dark till 9:00 pm. Only 12 people on the "T" tonight. Runners were pretty consistent but only saw one bluefish come over the rail around 8:30. Some crabs were coming up too. I free lined a runner out off the North side and it sat for 1 1/2 hours with nothing touching it. Pulled it in, cut it up a bit and tossed it out on the bottom for the next hour and nothing. Didn't even look like crabs touched it. Also had a bottom rig finger mullet with float to keep off the bottom away from crabs. Brought it back in and it looked just like it did when it went in 2 1/2 hours earlier.

There was a guy buying food or visiting at the pier house when I arrived who said one of the law enforcement agencies was out there in the morning and tagged a bunch of people over the limit on bluefish and also some undersize fish. I can't confirm one way or the other.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Glad to see the dips**ts are traveling north and adventuring the northern piers. The further from Broward they go,.. the better thing for the world.

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Tried again tonight 6:00 - 8:00 pm. Only 4 people on the "T" when I arrived. Not a good sign. First cut bait out hooked a small sharpnose in a 30 seconds. Things looking up. Next bait same thing then......... nothing rest of the night. Saw a couple of small runners come in.

A local resident from Jupiter was at the pier house. Said someone stole some rods and reels from his house last night. He lives in a neighborhood across from the Shores on Central/Roebuck. One of the reels was Jigmaster. Pretty easy to spot since not many seem to be used anymore. I have a couple of old ones in my garage that still work like new. Great reel.

Piermaster also said there had been a lot of vehicles broken into last few days in the parking lot. Said most cars were surfers that had left keys hidden while they were down on the beach.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished JBP yesterday from 6:30am to 3:30pm. Water looked to have good color, but fish were a bit scarce. Spanish Macs were there off and on most of that time....most were fairly small and were being caught on crappie jigs. There was one small school of bonita that came through but I only saw 1 landed....and on a crappie jig on light tackle no less!! Boo runnas were around off and on also. I had a good run from what seemed to be a good sized King that took a blue runner I had out on a trolly, but did not get a good hook on him. Was a nice day to be out on the pier, but not that lively of a day if you were looking to fill the freezer!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

betta luck next time.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”