Lake Worth Fishing Pier 2009 "Only Reports"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: Lake Worth Fishing Pier 2009 "Only Reports"

Post by james380 »

Either no ones fishing or everyones catching. I'm guessing the latter.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Lake Worth pier was closed and a lot of the regulars fished Boyton and now that the pier reopened they headed back to the pier.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

State record permit came off that peir twice. Loose lips sink ships I guess.

kevingp
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kevingp »

fishnfool73 wrote:Lake Worth pier was closed and a lot of the regulars fished Boyton and now that the pier reopened they headed back to the pier.
Yeah, I've noticed the crowds have evened out.

I found a nice little cuda and jack hole, with plenty of bait at high tide and there's rarely people there.

I still go to the pier and inlet once in a while though.

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

Do the boneheads (bonito/albies) come withing range of the Lake Worth Pier (yes, I'm a 'yankee' coming down for a visit:-))?

Cobia Chaser
Fisher

Post by Cobia Chaser »

your best bet is juno pier .

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

Thanks a lot

kevingp
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kevingp »

Albacized wrote:Do the boneheads (bonito/albies) come withing range of the Lake Worth Pier (yes, I'm a 'yankee' coming down for a visit:-))?
I've seen a few bonito at the Lake Worth Pier. Nothing fantastic though.

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Albacized »

kevingp wrote:
Albacized wrote:Do the boneheads (bonito/albies) come withing range of the Lake Worth Pier (yes, I'm a 'yankee' coming down for a visit:-))?

Thanks again - still looks like a good pier to visit:-)

kevingp
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kevingp »

Albacized wrote:
kevingp wrote:

Thanks again - still looks like a good pier to visit:-)
It definitely is. There's some good restaurants and a public pool there if you don't feel like swimming in the ocean. It gets very crowded on the weekends though, and parking may get scarce. Don't forget to feed the meter too.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Dude Juno area is very country feeling. Don't have to pay to park anywhere I went and it was like a ghost town this time of year. Snowbird type of area.

TheJon
Fisher

Post by TheJon »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Dude Juno area is very country feeling. Don't have to pay to park anywhere I went and it was like a ghost town this time of year. Snowbird type of area.
Juno gets busy on the weekends, but there's usually still parking available. During the week it's pretty quiet.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

What is going on at Lake Worth pier??????????????????????????????????????????????

rngriley
Fisher

Post by rngriley »

bait is thin at lake worth there is cigars and big sardines underneath but no large bait, no snook, and a few big cuda. pretty scarce. go to juno tons of fish and bait of all types (awesome)

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished from 330 till 730. Was thug life out there. Alot of young thugs out there playin hard. Yo this and f that. Almost had to scrap for saying "hey your not going to keep that snook are you??" a large 40inch breader. It got bellyflopped on the release and died man they started blaming me and talking all kinds of smack. F..k Them! I was once again outnumbered and kept my mouth shut, and knife close. I didn't push the issue. Anyway Blue runners are super thick as well as white baits. Snook and bonito in numbers if you know how to fish it. I went with live crabs to catch permit and ended up losing one to a poorly tied hook. I'll try it again if I can get my hands on some crabs.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

That sucks that the Snook died. :mad: Word is the Permit is roaming about. Put in your time and you will hook your Permit. Make sure your main line, leader, and knots are in top shape. Big Permit do not play around and will test your equipment and your skills. Good luck and hope to see a picture of your first Permit soon. :thumright:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

What a shame about that Snook.Any pier you go now days has those young kids who think can do anything they want.It would be nice for some of us get together on those piers some times and teach those kids a lesson or two.

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

:stupid:

Like I said... Another reason why I avoid the piers. Any probably another reason why I bass fish!!! Unfort we don't live in Melbourne where we can slip in the water and wade fish. We either have piers, beaches, or banks!!!!
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

The guys on Lake Worth were different than the guys on Deerfield or Juno. These guys were straight up hood rats. I hate piers as much as the next guy but there are fish there to be caught.

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

I hear you, there are fish to be caught. I am not "experienced" in pier fishing, got a few snook off Juno a few years back. To me, being "that high up" actually took away from the fun of fishing. To me, and of course we have our preferences, I like casting, and reeling in fish that are at my feet, or close to it. Wading being the best, nothing like having a fish swimming around you in circles!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!! It seems like half the "battle" is bringing a fish up from the water, 20 feet up to the angler. And, I am a light tackle guy... Much rather land one 8lb snook on the beach, than 5 15lb snook on the pier. Again, I am just thinking about loud here... and if I were doing it for support and not sport, it may be a different story.
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

kevingp
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kevingp »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Fished from 330 till 730. Was thug life out there. Alot of young thugs out there playin hard. Yo this and f that. Almost had to scrap for saying "hey your not going to keep that snook are you??" a large 40inch breader. It got bellyflopped on the release and died man they started blaming me and talking all kinds of smack. F..k Them! I was once again outnumbered and kept my mouth shut, and knife close. I didn't push the issue. Anyway Blue runners are super thick as well as white baits. Snook and bonito in numbers if you know how to fish it. I went with live crabs to catch permit and ended up losing one to a poorly tied hook. I'll try it again if I can get my hands on some crabs.
I don't particularly like the people at the Lake Worth Pier either. It's kind of like the Boynton Inlet. It seems like the dregs of society go to both of these places to fish. The problem is...they're fairly productive.

It just blows that these douchebags are ruining good places to fish and driving away the real fishermen. It's a bit frustrating to see all these stories about the piers, inlets, etc. about these people. These should be tourist destinations with polite people representing south Florida and if these riff raff would stop appearing on the piers maybe they could make more money and fix them up and make them even better for the people who would appreciate it.

I don't think you should be fishing if you don't the appropriate gear to handle the fish properly, or if the appropriate gear isn't there to borrow. Buncha idiots.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I don't particularly like the people at the Lake Worth Pier either. It's kind of like the Boynton Inlet.
I used to fish Boynton alot, never had a problem out there. I can understand ones frustration when it comes to letting a large fish go when its so good to eat. I keep to myself everywhere I go. I need to keep my mouth shut wait for the kill and call FWC. Its kinda like witnessing a crime and not getting involved. I've heard it a million times its not worth getting shot over a fish, and I agree.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Been that way up there for some time. Too many dipshit hood rats up that way. That is why I stopped going. Have enough to deal with anyways being close to Miami and dealing with some of that BS down our way as it is. If I want to head north, I'll go the extra few and hit Juno.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Zebco wrote:8) If I want to head north, I'll go the extra few and hit Juno.

then juno it is. :cheers: no parking fee, less trashy... uhhhh girls, and of course the main reason to go...

fishhhhhhhhhhhhhh :nemo: :fish: :nemo:

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

It isnt just Lake Worth pier where thats the problem its the whole city. It used to be a great city and my family lived there for 50 years but it has gone down hill to be one of the very worst places in Palm Beach County.
There are still some good regulars at Lake Worth Pier but you wont see them in the summer too much. Once the Cobia come back there will be less thugs and more serious fishermen.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

JunoChris wrote:Once the Cobia come back there will be less thugs and more serious fishermen.
like in this video takin from juno.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

:roll: :roll:
BEAST
snapperkiller

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”