Lake Worth Fishing Pier 2009 "Only Reports"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Lake Worth Fishing Pier 2009 "Only Reports"

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

how's the mack bit been?
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

No one on here really ever goes to LW pier, if you want to know whats going on you might want to think of driving over and taking a look.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

i guess so, i might be out there tommrow morning somewhere near the T, hopefully i can catch the macks, thats wat im really interested in catching. Any tips. Thanx in advance
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

can some1 plz call them and ask how the morning bite has ben ?? thanx, phone sevice and cell phone has been acting up.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Use ghost x raps or gotchas. Spoons also work great. If you can catch live bait like sardines, pilchards, or ballyhoo I would freeline it out. Use a cone bobber to help cast out further.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

2 spanish mackerals and countless BOO runners... i coudve tried harder for those macks, but already had enough.

BTW, everything caught on live hoos. D@MN they r so hard to catch, i coudnt get even1 to actually go on my sabiki through its mouth, i was using #2, i could only manage to snag a few

and thts about it...... :thumright: tight lines every1, ehhh cant wait to go to naples tommorow.

MitchellOrdonez
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MitchellOrdonez »

You should have used a single gold hook with a float tip it with squid and ur good to go. Using a sabiki to catch them is a hassle when It gets tangled

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

ok thanx, wat size?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

I use the tiny hair hooks to catch bally's, not sure on the size right now, but they are about the smallest size hooks you can get.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

ok PP thanx

MitchellOrdonez
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MitchellOrdonez »

i dont like using the smallest one cuz sometimes the ballyhoo tend to swallow the hook

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

MitchellOrdonez wrote:i dont like using the smallest one cuz sometimes the ballyhoo tend to swallow the hook
That only means two things. One, you are not paying attention when the ballyhoo takes your bait. Two, you are allowing the ballyhoo to swallow your bait before setting the hook. Which will go back to the first explaination.

If you use a bobbler it will help when they take the bait.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:I use the tiny hair hooks to catch bally's, not sure on the size right now, but they are about the smallest size hooks you can get.
8) Those would be called "Bolo Long Shanks". He uses them to catch his Macks.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Ballyhoo swllow 3# Sabiki ALOT. I still use em though....Just use enough weight at the end and usually you are OK W tangles.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

late post. fished sun 10-12 am, as soon as i came someone left with about 50 runners and 10-15 jacks. lol perfect timing for me eh? w/e i was just hoping to get 2-3 for chunking and sum strips, which i accomplished.....which i dont feel proud of cuz that all i could catch and that was around there till i left.

BUT... as soon as this NE winds come in there will hopefully be blues and jacks to put a bend on my rod. BTW, is it possible that maybe i can try catching some shrimp of the boca inlet on a full moon? maybe hang a lantern right above the water? yea i rarely try for those.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

fished 7:30-11:00. schooles of runners passed now and then. grunt madness lol. also somebody caught a nice 12in grover. no spanish macks or pompies. thats about it :salut: .

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

Anyone seeing cobes down there or even looking? All our fish at juno are coming from thesouth so I'm wondering if ya'll are seeing fish down there?
-Nick

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

I hav been looking a lot, but can't find any :salut:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

LWP fishing tournament 7-11 AM.

The pier's total was a nice grover, a few 8lbish kings, a lonr snook early in the morning, a lost big ray, a couple cuda's, a big bonita, a big jack, some small runners and spots, and a longggg houndie.

Bait was thick, mostly cigars. They were biting early in the morning, locked their jaws throughout the tournament, and started biting again towards the end. It was surprising because usually they're on the bottom (I think) but this time they were all on the surface. For about 10 min. there was some hoos but vanished away. I also think I caught my personal best threadfin :D

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

I forgot to inlcude the best part of the tournament :nilly:

Towards the final minutes of the tournament, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. A jump here and there, a few head shakes, but this time that silver king wasn't escaping. The guy had to walk up and down the pier at least 5 times on the right side. (For those of you that dont know, there's some white thing on the right hand side which I don't even know lol, that has about 5 short poles sticking out right on the railings, so walking on the actual railing, over and under each one of the poles, moving through an abundance of curious youngsters and everyone's rods, and going through the 2-3 poles at the two huts was just amazing to see!!) This guy hands down knew what he was doing and he did it absolutely perfectly, AWESOME JOB IF YOUR ON HERE!!!

It was estimated to be around 80lb give or take, the poon was too big for the net and beaching apparently isn't allowed in the tournament, but they decided that if they made the head go in the net, he would win the adult division, and that's exactly what was carried out.

Once again, if your on here, great job, your def. a pro :toast:

But my god, the crowd that day was unbelievable :shock:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”