Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2009-10-11

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2009-10-11

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

For Fishing Reports, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports"

Post by fishnfool73 »

Finally JP you have your own room and can stay out of the Pink Room.... :cheers:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

JP hope to see some reports now bro
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

all the spots in yellow people "arent allowed to fish anymore" because thats where JP fishes. :wink: nice job JP
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

BigBoiFishing
With skills like these "Who needs a boat"

Post by BigBoiFishing »

Hey I want my own thread! Like a battle/insults thread where people can "team" up on one poor guy and rip him up publicly. Then after act victorious after they & 20 other mofos helped out......nevermind that happens in every thread. :mrgreen: JP nice research. Like always, more fishing areas up north. I'm going to shoot a rocket up there. 8) Good job bro.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Sorry, we do not need a Rickenbacker thread.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

BigBoiFishing

Post by BigBoiFishing »

bolo wrote:Sorry, we do not need a Rickenbacker thread.
Ricken who? I'm trying to 4get that place, I'm currently undergoing therapy.

rinexx
Fisher

Post by rinexx »

Went out Thursday, May 28th with two friends. Caught two flounder and a sheepshead. Hooked onto something big towards the night, but it shook the hook before I could land it. Used shrimp and artificials this time. Might go again and use fiddler crabs some day.

BigBoiFishing

Post by BigBoiFishing »

rinexx wrote:Hooked onto something big towards the night, but it shook the hook before I could land it. Used shrimp and artificials this time.
TAR-PON :toast:

ggrahamlc
Fisher

Post by ggrahamlc »

flounder,flounder,and more flounder. fished by the draw bridge in the back area of cape canaveral. All caught on shrimp and mud minnows but mainly mudminnows. several whiting mixed in. Total after 6 hrs fishing 16 flounder most legal only a few shorts avg. size 14 inches and 10 whiting.

rinexx
Fisher

Post by rinexx »

went out fishing between 2 and 4 with blue crab and fiddlers. Didn't get any bites. Didn't see anyone else catch anything either.

rinexx
Fisher

Post by rinexx »

thanks for the advice. I've never really fished crabs before so I was just trying different things out. I was out mostly at the inlet rock that are in front of the baitshop. I just hooked the crabs through the back and casted them out.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Great report JP....Funny stuff.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

:lol: great report :lol:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

jettypark28 wrote:and you just never know whats running in there.....Hell i been trying to catch those nice bait size blue crabs
to throw at those Tarpons out there :shock: Yea i am asking for punishment but my GF has never gotten one and she is ready to tackle one....well at least a short fight.... :lol:

JP....tarpon, where at in PC Inlet. ive seen kingfish launch out of the water near the mouth, cuda lurkin close to the pier, and mackrel on a frenzy, but a silver king within casting range. man! i might have to go more often and gesome.

patindaytona123

Post by patindaytona123 »

Hello Jetty...........heading out there tomorrow morning for my first time there. My son might go with me. He's 21 and never went fishing with me! So, I am hoping he'll get up for one thing. The other is, I hope he catches something nice there, so he'll want to go again.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

why not try Sebastian. its more promising there than the other.....
not stating that your original plan wont be successful, its really the kind of place where you either take the family out for a picnic, enjoy the scenery of the boats passing by, or go fishing to wet a line that hasn't been wet for a while.
and also, going out early is going to be very hot and humid unless you plan to leave from where ever by 9.
the evenings aren't too bad and your son can wake up as late as he wants.
if you still want to shoot for jetty park, go and give it a try. there are certain times of the year where jacks, blues, mackerel, whiting, sheephead and flounder can be caught.

patindaytona123

Post by patindaytona123 »

Coming from Daytona...Sebastian is even farther. Haven't check how much farther though. Thanks for Jettypark's info, I'm prepared as I can be for Jettypark. I'll have to find out how and IF i can get a season pass for it, since I'm in Volusia county. Not much at all biting around this area.

rinexx
Fisher

Post by rinexx »

If you're looking to get an annual pass to Jetty Park, it'll run you about $50. They check your driver's license for the county you're from. I spend most of the year at Florida Tech studying, but my license says I'm from Tampa over in Hillsborough County so I had to pay $50 instead of $20 (should have taken my girlfriend with me since she's got a Brevard license :lol: )

Morpheus
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Morpheus »

:thumleft: :thumleft: Excellent Report :thumright: :thumright:
Never fry bacon naked!

patindaytona
Fisher

Post by patindaytona »

Jetty did better than I. Went this afternoon for about 5 hours with my son. First time he's ever fished. Was too damn hot! He caught one 12" flounder. I had a hit or two on them, but didn't take. Fished along the boat ramp too a couple hours nearby. Just wasn't an ideal time to go really. Glad my son got one, hopefully he'll go fishing again!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Jettypark/ICW 6-19/20

Post by fixed80 »

jettypark28 wrote:But i got to see the cruise ship "Freedom of the Sea" come in and DAMN that
is one HUGE ship...it is the biggest cruise ship in the world.
and watching it come in from the pier was something...
It look like it was right on top of me...i was so taken by it...that i forgot to
take pictures of it..
no need to JP. I found a photo of it.
and man you are right, that is one big ship with carrying a load of people.
couldnt guess to how much it cost.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”