Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report"

Post by flguywes »

Fished the inlet today from 430 to 730 a.m.. I used a 2 oz bucktail, 1oz gotcha, 10" bomber, Storm bait, and produced no hits. Around 530 two chinese poachers showed up and had a huge breeder (30"+) in there hands. One packed up the fish and headed off and the other one got a piece of my mind as I explained how he was stealing and would go to jail as soon as FWC arrived. Before they packed up I asked. "Are you guys poachers?" thats when they forgot English. Then told them I was taking there picture with my camera phone and would show it to the FWC.
Hopefully they dont come back till sept 1. I am so glad everyone will need a license to fish starting Aug 1. Hopefully it weeds out the poachers and puts more money in the FWC budget for catching these dirtbags.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Funny makes it look like only poachers fish boca inlet.

BigBoiFishing
With skills like these "Who needs a boat"

Post by BigBoiFishing »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Funny makes it look like only poachers fish boca inlet.
Never, we have the most dade......aren't we proud. :roll:

SaLtWaTeR_ExTrAvAgAnZa
Fisher

Post by SaLtWaTeR_ExTrAvAgAnZa »

flguywes wrote:Fished the inlet today from 430 to 730 a.m.. I used a 2 oz bucktail, 1oz gotcha, 10" bomber, Storm bait, and produced no hits. Around 530 two chinese poachers showed up and had a huge breeder (30"+) in there hands. One packed up the fish and headed off and the other one got a piece of my mind as I explained how he was stealing and would go to jail as soon as FWC arrived. Before they packed up I asked. "Are you guys poachers?" thats when they forgot English. Then told them I was taking there picture with my camera phone and would show it to the FWC.
Hopefully they dont come back till sept 1. I am so glad everyone will need a license to fish starting Aug 1. Hopefully it weeds out the poachers and puts more money in the FWC budget for catching these dirtbags.
Those same clowns have been terrorizing the snook at Boca for years. They threw a fly-fisherman in the water about 8 years ago. (he hassled them about snook as well) I'm not nearly afraid of them and I have no problem stating whats on my mind.

Be wary of approaching them though. They will act oblivious at first, but if you pose a threat they will wait and catch you of guard. Trust me. I'm the one who helped the fly-fisherman up and snagged his rod. Those two are not the ones to turn your back on. Just a friendly reminder...
Wake up, party, fish, munch, school, party, nap, more fishing, more partying, more munching, sleep...repeat.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Watch your back homes! :batman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FFhuJpXY2M[/youtube]

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2FFhuJpXY2M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2FFhuJpXY2M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

Fished Boca Inlet 530 am to 700 am. Fought one snook on a bucktail; spit the hook at the last second. Watched more poachers take a snook, I guess its ok that they only take one :scratch:? FWC was monitoring the inlet, and actually stopped me, due to the fact my rain poncho looked suspicious. I reported the individuals to him and told him I was very appreciative of the fact he was in the area.

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

OK i'll post a report ,went today to try my 704 greenie that i took apart and repainted. I was there about 6am to 9am caught bait and freelined a few. Two people were there before me i think they caught a few snooks.They left about 7:15am so i took the spot, my 704 did great but not the 30lb leader, the snooks frayed right thru, 0/2 on snook. :evil: I saw a snook caught on the other side of the jetty but when they brought it up half was gone :shock: maybe a cuda.Well the snook stopped biting so i went for mangroves caught alot of small (6 to 10 inches)ones but did get a fat 13incher. :happyfisherman: thats all folks. :mrgreen:

BigBoiFishing
With skills like these "Who needs a boat"

Post by BigBoiFishing »

SaLtWaTeR_ExTrAvAgAnZa wrote:
flguywes wrote:Fished the inlet today from 430 to 730 a.m.. I used a 2 oz bucktail, 1oz gotcha, 10" bomber, Storm bait, and produced no hits. Around 530 two chinese poachers showed up and had a huge breeder (30"+) in there hands. One packed up the fish and headed off and the other one got a piece of my mind as I explained how he was stealing and would go to jail as soon as FWC arrived. Before they packed up I asked. "Are you guys poachers?" thats when they forgot English. Then told them I was taking there picture with my camera phone and would show it to the FWC.
Those same clowns have been terrorizing the snook at Boca for years. They threw a fly-fisherman in the water about 8 years ago. (he hassled them about snook as well) I'm not nearly afraid of them and I have no problem stating whats on my mind.

Be wary of approaching them though. They will act oblivious at first, but if you pose a threat they will wait and catch you of guard. Trust me. I'm the one who helped the fly-fisherman up and snagged his rod. Those two are not the ones to turn your back on. Just a friendly reminder...
1st off, nice to see you're back SWE. 2nd, who in the fck do these guys think they are? Maybe next time flguywes you should bring a Louisville Slugger and lay it against the railing and see whats up. Bet they won't try anything. If anyone asks, "I bring the bat in case I get a Cuda big enough for dinner."

UnF'ingbelievable.....so now its "let me poach or I'll get violent." Why can't I run into scenarios like these...... :pistols:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

flguywes wrote:Fished Boca Inlet 530 am to 700 am. Fought one snook on a bucktail; spit the hook at the last second. Watched more poachers take a snook, I guess its ok that they only take one :scratch:? FWC was monitoring the inlet, and actually stopped me, due to the fact my rain poncho looked suspicious. I reported the individuals to him and told him I was very appreciative of the fact he was in the area.
sounds like they need a 24hr surveillance of the area in the B.R.I.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I used to be the only guy out there all the time all by my self. This jetty is not crowded at all durring the week or at night. Gets very crowded on the weekends. Once mullet start running all the mullet run crowd will be out there in full force. Once the wind starts blowing after mullet run no one will fish that inlet at night untill the white bait comes back in the spring. Who's monitoring the south jetty at hillsboro inlet??

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

:auto: :auto: :auto: >>>POACHER<<< GOOD SHOT :cheers:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

You could fish the camino bridge in front of the Boca Hotel tonight and not see another soul. Come September 1st there will be 30 people on that bridge.

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

Shhh to much info. :pistols:

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

lol that's any bridge come sept. 1st.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

james380 wrote:lol that's any bridge come sept. 1st.
I think you mean all bridges september 1st.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

either or.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

rebel33i wrote:I'll be @ home polishing my TwinSpin.
:thumright:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Caught 2 barracuda today on artificials while walking the jetty at lunch....loads of fun on the cabo 20....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

Thanks for the report Cookinman :mrgreen:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished tonight around 1030 couldn't get anywhere near the end due to the most fishing rods just laying around I have ever seen. Saw no fish caught.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Caught 2 barracuda today on artificials while walking the jetty at lunch....loads of fun on the cabo 20....
Bet right around the tide change......... WTG Cookin

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Fishmonger wrote:
Bet right around the tide change......... WTG Cookin

Good bet FM ! If lunch concides with the first half either in or out, I will stop off.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Ya know Boynton inlet is my home turf and we throw surgical tubes for cuda all the time. It's amazing that you can cast for hours on the incoming tide and get very little action, but within minutes of the tide change they start swarming like a wolf pack. They have a built tide timer.....

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Fishmonger wrote:Ya know Boynton inlet is my home turf and we throw surgical tubes for cuda all the time. It's amazing that you can cast for hours on the incoming tide and get very little action, but within minutes of the tide change they start swarming like a wolf pack. They have a built tide timer.....
It's the same way in the Keys too. You see the cudas stacked up but won't eat anything. Once the tide goes slack and starts to barely move in the other direction they will eat anything you throw at them.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Fishmonger wrote:Ya know Boynton inlet is my home turf and we throw surgical tubes for cuda all the time. It's amazing that you can cast for hours on the incoming tide and get very little action, but within minutes of the tide change they start swarming like a wolf pack. They have a built tide timer.....
It's the same way in the Keys too. You see the cudas stacked up but won't eat anything. Once the tide goes slack and starts to barely move in the other direction they will eat anything you throw at them.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

First 20 mins of outgoing is when this inlet lights up... It can be very very frustratiung at other stages of the tide.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Cookinman wrote:First 20 mins of outgoing is when this inlet lights up... It can be very very frustratiung at other stages of the tide.
When all else fails pitch out a snapper with little bit of wire will do the trick.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”