2009 Mullet Run and Fall Run "Make your Predictions"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Re: 2009 Mullet Run and Fall Run "Make your Predictions"

Post by SaltLife27 »

the wait is killing me

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

GO4EM wrote:
Cookinman wrote:
bolo wrote: Everyone said last year run was slow.
Not me....I thought it was one of the better ones I fished....but then again I was "there" at DFP when a football field sized school stalled out for the whole day.....
I think I seen you there during the run last year.... blues blues blues fwc fwc macks fwc blues blues fwc....
Yes, you did, I remember seeing you - it was elbow to elbow and I just found a decent spot away from the fray and reeled in fish after fish with my little girls....

Personally, I'm in NO RUSH for the mullet, snake kings, ladyfish and saltwater pirhana's that ensue - Things are very good as it is NOW with multiple types of bait around in numbers and snapper and snook feeding on them.

Let it be...lol ( as if you could change it... :) )

There are of course other species that follow, biut they are luck of the draw in finding which pod if any they are on.......
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

surfjetjoe
Weekend Warrior

Post by surfjetjoe »

Saw two schools of mullet about three blocks north of meade street moving south. Schools were about 40 yards big. :toast:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

:thumleft:

Spear'em!
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Spear'em! »

Leave to to Zebco to blow my gig! I may not know the pomps but i know the mullet run. he is right! plenty of mullet came thru if where sitting sitting there all day waiting for them. This time of year I usually check twice a day depending on how late I have to work. Last year was a bad year. Most of the run was well off shore. The ones in close were moving fast.If you got 15 minutes to fish a school that was good.
If you don't check it (or work on the beach) everyday you will most likely miss it. Those 3 to 10 days a year of epic fishing are worth it. For my freinds that say call me when its on! i say check it every morning and afternoon with me.

Hopefully this is going to be a good year!
Lock & Load!

jayfrizzo
Weekend Warrior

Post by jayfrizzo »

Saw very few mullet in Stuart this weekend. Was on the beach a few hour in the AM and intermittently througout the day. Saw one school. Couple streams of fingers Sunday morning. No constant stream of fingers like last weekend.

It was a bit windy so that makes the schools harder to see for me.

:(

J-

MASTERPEACOCK29
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MASTERPEACOCK29 »

Saw scattered schools on tuesday night in haulover and sorrunding areas,landed and released two
overslot snook.I had no Idea I was being watched by FWC with there night vision goggles
but when I was pulling out to check another spot the officer cut me off and pulled me over.He was
very angry and I soon realized it was not with with me,he told how he had been sitting on the roof of a biulding and watching me for over an hour.He also told me he saw me release my fish and had come down to arrest the guy fishing across from me because he seen him keep 2 over slots in his cooler.Felt great to see FWC really enforcing the laws out there.When I arrived the guy told me he had not caught poop,Guess he got what he desevered.

Lesson here is make sure you guys are measuring your fish because if they catch you,
FWC will throw the book at you.They are not F&*(ing around!

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

MASTERPEACOCK29 wrote:Saw scattered schools on tuesday night in haulover and sorrunding areas,landed and released two
overslot snook.I had no Idea I was being watched by FWC with there night vision goggles
but when I was pulling out to check another spot the officer cut me off and pulled me over.He was
very angry and I soon realized it was not with with me,he told how he had been sitting on the roof of a biulding and watching me for over an hour.He also told me he saw me release my fish and had come down to arrest the guy fishing across from me because he seen him keep 2 over slots in his cooler.Felt great to see FWC really enforcing the laws out there.When I arrived the guy told me he had not caught poop,Guess he got what he desevered.

Lesson here is make sure you guys are measuring your fish because if they catch you,
I met a FWC guy out on the Boca Jetty last week and he told me he was watching some dudes fish for over an hour. I thought this is strange, how has he been watching them for an hour in the pitch black of night? I cracked a beer and realized ohhh he must have a night vision scope or goggles. Needless to say if you whip you whilly out to take a leek expect someone to be watchin this time of year. eatpop

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:
MASTERPEACOCK29 wrote:Saw scattered schools on tuesday night in haulover and sorrunding areas,landed and released two

I met a FWC guy out on the Boca Jetty last week and he told me he was watching some dudes fish for over an hour. I thought this is strange, how has he been watching them for an hour in the pitch black of night? I cracked a beer and realized ohhh he must have a night vision scope or goggles. Needless to say if you whip you whilly out to take a leek expect someone to be watchin this time of year. eatpop
This is great to hear and see !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

They're getting closer...

A member of the Palm Beach Fishing Kayak group says this morning there were tons of mullet in Juno Beach with 5' tarpon hitting them as well as mackeral hitting other baitfish. They were within casting distance of the beach.
Jeff

Spear'em!
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Spear'em! »

MP - Still not sure why they are watching the fisherman? I've called FWC a couple times the last two week to report guys spearing snook off the jetties and the lady on the phone says they have no officers in the area and call back when the divers leave. had to call back twice and tell them the poachers left. Yet they are watching the fisherman for hours from the top of a building. Must not be that close to Halover where your fishing. At least 3 of the 5 nights I've fished people have been spearing snook off the jetties! MP - I moved out of the Lakes and I'm back east. I be looking for you at some of the northern bridges. One day we'll meet up/
Lock & Load!

Morpheus
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Morpheus »

I was out body boarding yesterday at Flagler beach and saw a TON of mullet in the surf. Its the most I have ever seen. This is my first year of seeing the run mind you. They were everywhere! They were thick for about 3hrs. Didnt see any bigger fish busting them in the water though.
Never fry bacon naked!

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) The mullet have been running. It is just a slow process getting the run to reach down here in a solid way till the weather cooperates.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

someone told me there was a front coming. maybe this will hopeful push the mullet down too.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Good post!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

bbegovic1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bbegovic1 »

Neighbors went surfing today up in Ft. Pierce. Said there was mullet everywhere and that they were there all day. Shouldn't take long for them to get down here as thee front come through. There is an awkward NW wind on Wednesday night going into Thursday afternoon according to wunderground.

Let the madness begin. :reeling:

:toast:

jayfrizzo
Weekend Warrior

Post by jayfrizzo »

Up in Stuart last weekend saw one school of fingers Saturday morning with some poons chasing them.

Sunday I was on the beach all day and saw one decent pod of big mullet (12") cruise through (30 feet across), pretty far out, out of my casting range. I had a couple big boys and slung one as far as I could, still 30 feet shy. Whadaya know, he swam over and hooked up with his buddys. I walked the beach a few hundred yards pulling him out of the school and letting him join back in and nothing. The mullet never broke water. Looks like they were on their own.

Eventually the pod came in close to where people were swimming and the people freaked. Pretty funny.

I can't fish again until next weekend up there. Sure hope I don't miss it.

J-

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

So much for a early run! Saw small pods running tonight in a local inlet with about 20 people crowding the end of the jetty. I called FWC for undersized Mangroves and sub slot Snook.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

damn it better happen fast... Im set to leave for Massachusettss here in 2 weeks... theres just no work down here...

-sword

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote: I called FWC for undersized Mangroves and sub slot Snook.
:toast:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/U ... dp=windsdp

Back on topic, I think the 11th and on will bring NNE NE winds, so things might start to stirr a bit. That would be cool! Even if I wouldnt be there to see it, moving up to East Dennis, Massachusetts.

-sword

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

mullet= sept 30

fall=oct. 24
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

cantseeme47 wrote:mullet= sept 30

fall=oct. 24
:? As in Sept 30th 2010 you mean

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”