Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by crevalejack »

nice catch Rob !!! how's the bait ????

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Fished the T from 1030-530pm

Ballyhoo were there but a bit finicky..same with gogs, only bugged two (one was snagged).

I lost a mac on bottom, hook pulled up and down. Got some more big runners for shark baits. Oh and I caught a freaking nurse on a gog head right before I left.

It was effin cold today

crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by crevalejack »

Went fishing today Nov. 7 @ 5:00 am till 12:30 p.m Finally got my pompano limit also got mackerel and bluefish.. :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

Dparker21
Fisher

Post by Dparker21 »

went fishing from 1pm-4pm today...........plenty of ballyhoo about, and caught the biggest scaled sardine to date. Pomps caught all day long just beyond the sandbar, and mullet run still in effect 3-4 large schools passing through. Great overcast day with winds howling out of the north. pomps and jacks is today's report.

hoser
Weekend Warrior

Post by hoser »

went fishing wednesday nov. 11. caught one pompano, and that was just as I was planning to leave in the evening. overall very slow day.

DMJ
Weekend Warrior

Post by DMJ »

Joser Thanks for the fish Monday !

DMJ
Weekend Warrior

Post by DMJ »

Jeff you 2!

DMJ
Weekend Warrior

Post by DMJ »

OH, By the way-- stopped by Dania Pier on the way to work-- Lot of people fishing in one spot if you no what I mean! Get some! :fish:

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Yesterday from 6:00Am through 3:00Pm. Winds shifted NE in the Am water was clear but clouding as the day progressed, canal water came in about 1:00PM. Macs caught on bottom rigs w/hoos, pomps were hit and miss all day but little shorties. School of tarpon came through- a pod of about 20, they had their GPS on and did not slow down. Huge hammer crusing the South side,she made an apperance starting in the afternoon. Hoos fairly easy to get chumming and bikis, then they got scarce after 1:00. Greenies crusing by, winds were steady at about 8-12 NW and switched to NE at about 10:00. I heard a huge school of pomps came through after I left but their crusing through on every beach and pier-have to be at the right place at right time. Heading out this morning.

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

No school for the kids yesterday so decided to take them fishing. We went from about 9:30 am to 3:30pm. Wind really picked up just before we left. Ended the day with 5 lookdowns(moonies), 2 mangrove snappers (1 nice 13.5 inch and 1 - 11 inch) and so many small jacks we lost count after the first 30. The jacks were great because they kept the boys busy. Also caught numerous houdies.
A nice aside is my 4 yr old's friend happened to be there with his dad. We were able to let his friend and his siblings catch some fish. The dad said he had only ever been fishing 3 times in his life. So it was nice to share fishing with people with little fishing experience. The funniest part was the sister loved catching fish the most.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Fished today with connor. Didn't fish for pomps though we probably should have...

Too many bluefish to count

Bait was ballyhoo, and a few big threadfin.

We brought gogs that landed a few sharks and bluefish, and right after keith got a mutton, a gog chunk got connor this 19" mutton.

Also swam a hog mullet but nothing took it.

Nice day to be out, especially with that mutton :toast:

angrylobster
Fisher

Post by angrylobster »

pomps, blues, awesome looking water, and some pro fish dude named rob with a hat. he needs to give me lessons. Just sayin...

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Be there tomorrow. Hope it's not a day late, dollar short. I learned everything I know from Pompano Rob. :toast:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I missed out. Didn't get out of bed on time. Oh well next time. :toast:

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for the report rob. Any word of snapper today?

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Thanks for the report Rob.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Rob about summed it up -

Wrist hurts from the easily 100 9-10 inch pomps that we jigged, flead or shrimped up...lol

Brought home a mixed cooler of Bluefish for the smoker and Mackeral for the grill. Great to get out and bend a rod, and bent they stayed most of the day !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

yellow0wing
Fisher

Post by yellow0wing »

Rijkaard wrote:everyone was pretty cool there despite normal excitement form the bite except the usual character (you know who I'm talkin' about), that guy is a joke, but makes my day at times (at one point he literally wrapped himself in 3 pompano rigs and i lost a bite just for the fun to watch him) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, that was me he got all hooked up in.. What an idiot! Although it was pretty hilarious watching him throw his rods down and walk away screaming at the top of his lungs :uplol:
My worst day fishing is always better then my best day working!

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

I caught so many bluefish my arms hurt,,,, when them jacks by chasing the bait off is when i left,,, all and all it was a great day of fishing,,was out on the this morning for a hour before work pulled in 14 more blues in a hour.. wish i didnt have to work today

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

thanks for the update. i see that its your first post. welcome to the forum and keep posting.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”