Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11-12 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Nay12XIX
Weekend Warrior

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11 "Reports Only"

Post by Nay12XIX »

Soooooo the north side issssss...where?

phishingstein
Fisher

Post by phishingstein »

Thanks for the tip aobut the northside. I don't need my name in a police computer.

I use to fish the inlet a lot before they starting closing at 11:00. I have always had the best luck just dropping my line right off the pier with silversides. I caught my limit on mangroves many times and got a nice lane snapper durring the day one time, some grunts and blue runners too. The best time for me has always been a few hours before high tide right up to high tide.

It's a very nice park. I have seen stingrays, and tapron swim through often. I even saw a huge golaith grouper swimming in there once.

I like the grills there. Noting like eating freshly caught fish. :)

The main probelm there is the parking.

Does anyonne know how people get out one the jette on the south side of the inlet?

Nay12XIX
Weekend Warrior

Post by Nay12XIX »

phishingstein wrote:Thanks for the tip aobut the northside. I don't need my name in a police computer.

I use to fish the inlet a lot before they starting closing at 11:00. I have always had the best luck just dropping my line right off the pier with silversides. I caught my limit on mangroves many times and got a nice lane snapper durring the day one time, some grunts and blue runners too. The best time for me has always been a few hours before high tide right up to high tide.

It's a very nice park. I have seen stingrays, and tapron swim through often. I even saw a huge golaith grouper swimming in there once.

Does anyonne know how people get out one the jette on the south side of the inlet?
So silver sides is the trick to catching snapper there? I tried cut shrimp, cut grunt, and even cut mullet anything you could catch with a castnet or sabiki I cut it up...no luck

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Hillsboro can be a very trick spot to try just need a little patience and knowledge, night fishing there is the best time to go as most of the tarpon, snook, cudas and jacks come out to play
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Rlorenz64
Fisher

Post by Rlorenz64 »

:shock: I was at hillboro inlet yesterday to see what the drift boats caught and as they were cleaning the fish, there were about ten nice tarpon hanging around. I was disappointed to find out the park was closed at 11pm. Do you think that means that underneath the bridge is closed if you parked elsewhere?

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Rlorenz64 wrote: I was at hillboro inlet yesterday to see what the drift boats caught
What did they catch?
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Rlorenz64
Fisher

Post by Rlorenz64 »

Mostly small snapper. I saw one kingfish and one decent hog snapper. That was about all.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Rlorenz64 wrote:Do you think that means that underneath the bridge is closed if you parked elsewhere?
Technically yes, it is closed and I have occasionally seen the cops kick people out after 11.

Nay12XIX
Weekend Warrior

Post by Nay12XIX »

Easy to fish there after the cops locked everyone out, park down the street ad turn on your :batman: or your :rambo: mode and stay low at the docks or where ever you fish

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

thanks Rlorenz64.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

Nay12XIX
Weekend Warrior

Post by Nay12XIX »

I'm starting to become not liking this place, I catch more fish from the shore than there

Fish 12 me 0 :mad:

skyzdalymit71
Weekend Warrior

Post by skyzdalymit71 »

im probably going to hit that jetty this afternoon and as far as access there is a street to the south you park at and then you have to walk the beach to the north to get to the jetty. Alot of nice snook there right now and tarpon. The cops usually let you stay if its only a few people and the noise level is down thats just been my experience and depend on the cop.( talking about at the park)
FISHING ANY TIME, ANY PLACE, ANY CHANCE I GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ejfisher
Fisher

Post by ejfisher »

phishingstein wrote:Thanks for the tip aobut the northside. I don't need my name in a police computer.

If you want to get the the jetty, you have to find parking around 14th street then walk on the beach to the jetty. Takes about 10-15 minutes depending on what kind of gear ya have. Lil tip, either walk near the break of the waves or as close to the grass as you can. And flip flop sandals are useless on the jetty because it can get pretty slippery. Otherwise its a great place to fish, pretty quiet but watch for divers. Watch the incoming tide too because the waves will crashover the rocks and get ya soaked. It feels great but its a crappy way to destroy a digicam =/

Also, for the north area of the drawbridge, it's all private property back there...

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

whats happening at the inlet now?

phantomreefer
Weekend Warrior

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11-12 "Reports Onl

Post by phantomreefer »

Ok, so I posted it in the wrong spot the first time. I'm new. Just as the cops were asking me to pack it up I landed a nice cuda, also a bunch of snapper and a lil snook, but they were not photo worthy. This guy was.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wisdom, justice, temperance, and fortitude. And if none of that works, kick em in the nuts!

phantomreefer
Weekend Warrior

Post by phantomreefer »

So yesterday was a wash out, spent the morning at Deerfield pier and it stunk, then the afternoon at the inlet. At the inlet I hooked up to a nice cuda on squid but with mono leader lost him after about 10 minutes. But I did see a drunk girls boob on a boat, yeah booze. Then I fought this small ugly fish and made friends with a pelican. The night befor I hit the Helen S and got a few small snapper. Not worth the 40 bucks to get on. But again, its better than working. Have fun everyone, happy fishing.

The Phantom
Wisdom, justice, temperance, and fortitude. And if none of that works, kick em in the nuts!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Thanks for the report, the boobs were uworth all the trips :)

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

cudaman wrote:Thanks for the report, the boobs were uworth all the trips :)
He only saw one though :jester:

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

I am always happy for a 50% look . :cyclops: :)

noonburg
Fisher

Post by noonburg »

Tried the fishing pier at the park just north of the bridge at dusk today, without any luck. Didn't see anyone else catching anything.

yodogcallmeback
Fisher

Post by yodogcallmeback »

Hey guys hows the fishin today? I caught like 100 flyers.I was excited. I hate Dania peir because of all of those kids smoking grass. cant otake it. well anyway there you go
-have a nice day
matt

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

yodogcallmeback wrote:Hey guys hows the fishin today? I caught like 100 flyers.I was excited. I hate Dania peir because of all of those kids smoking grass. cant otake it. well anyway there you go
-have a nice day
matt
What's a "flyer"?

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

drove by Hillsboro inlet not too long ago and the seawall was under construction for some reason, including the area where those docks are, does anyone know why this is so and when it will open again??
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

weetza10
Weekend Warrior

Post by weetza10 »

Went out last night got on the water about 10pm just on the south side of the inlet. Freelined pilchards and caught nothing. Changed to a knocker rig, 2 hook ups-broken off and a mangrove snapper. Ran to the inside of the inlet and hit up some dock lights. 2 Snook caught and probably one a tarpon hooked right after the tide change. Headed home about 2:30 a.m. Not a bad night not a lot of bait around the dock lights. All fish caught on live Pilchards. :dude:

Hook'N'BossNuggets
Weekend Warrior

Post by Hook'N'BossNuggets »

Last time I fished here they had most of it closed down for construction and there weren't any spots to fish open. Does anyone know if they ever finished up with that? Also do they really kick everyone out at 11 every night?

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Tried it out last night after finding Pompano Pier still closed. Got lucky that there was actually room to fish outside the construction zone. Water was cloudy with sand of course, I thought for sure some nice snappers must be around... All I got was a tiny lane and a couple of catfish. :(

The water got so high that it was coming over the edge, plus the streets around the park got a good foot deep with salt water, just great for your car eh? :roll:

Should'a stayed home!!!

weetza10
Weekend Warrior

Post by weetza10 »

I heard from some friends that live in the area that the construction on the north side is a bunch of new docks, ect. That seawall has been money for me in the past, unfortunately you need a boat to fish it the right way. Now that I have a boat, I just don't want to drive that far. LOL

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”