Lake Worth Fishing Pier 2010 "Only Reports"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Lake Worth Fishing Pier 2010 "Only Reports"

Post by JSheffey »

Went over to the pier on Saturday. i got another late start. it was around 11am when i arrived. on my first cast of a gotcha plug, i caught a blue runner. it was a small one, so i decided it would be my first live bait of the day. i put it on my rig that has my 309 on it. i dropped the baited hook so that i could grab a larger sinker, and the dang thing came off the hook. i have baited thousands of hooks and i would have never thought that one to be hooked poorly. long story short, i lost the only live bait i caught and 4 hours later i didn't catch a single fish other than my first cast. i think i am going to fish hard next weekend. i am considering driving up to Juno however.

avet4life
Seasoned Fisher

Post by avet4life »

JSheffey wrote:Went over to the pier on Saturday. i got another late start. it was around 11am when i arrived. on my first cast of a gotcha plug, i caught a blue runner. it was a small one, so i decided it would be my first live bait of the day. i put it on my rig that has my 309 on it. i dropped the baited hook so that i could grab a larger sinker, and the dang thing came off the hook. i have baited thousands of hooks and i would have never thought that one to be hooked poorly. long story short, i lost the only live bait i caught and 4 hours later i didn't catch a single fish other than my first cast. i think i am going to fish hard next weekend. i am considering driving up to Juno however.
See my Juno report. I fished there last weekend and this weekend.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Juno has a busted T and dirty water with nothing but catfish. So after playing with the jacks on flyrod and topwater on the inside I headed over to LW to check it out. Lots of mackeral bluefish and runners with a couple nice pomps mixed in. Hard to jig for the pomps with all the sharp teeth around. No cobia or kings seen.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

s3rmadrat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by s3rmadrat »

Heard Lake Worth was closed because planks got knocked off the front on Saturday, is it fixed?

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished Lake Worth pier today from 930am to 330pm. Caught over a dozen Spanish mac's. Caught about 30 10.5 inch Pompano, and only one 12.5 inch keeper Pompano. Everyone was catching pompano from noon on. Tons of 10 inch pompano no keepers. Seen one jumbo pompano caught and break 8# line on the flip. Looked like a small permit. Heard 15#Permit caught on the T. Lots of bluefish. My first fish of the day was a small flounder on a pompano jig. :toast:

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

I see you decided on LW for today. Thanks for the report.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Yes I did. I'm thinking maybe I should have split my time up safari styley. :toast:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Im not sure this is the only flounder I've ever caught down here. It was only about 12 inches.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

What a difference a day makes. Drove up there and it was dead flat, and no wind. No one on the pier, and no fish in the ocean. I stayed 30 minutes and left. :toast:

demha11
Fisher

Post by demha11 »

Expecting any Macks today :?:

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

got to the pier at a decent time this morning (8:45). I didn't see much caught all day. there was no bait running and besides the school of cownose rays, there weren't any big fish to be seen. I saw a couple runners and a few croaker caught, other than that the pickings were slim. i was throwing shrimp, and cut-bait on one rig. on the other two i had one set up with a cobia jig and the other set up with a gotcha plug. i chased the rays as they would swim by, however i never even got a sniff on ether set up. i got bored and decided to head in about 12pm. ill try again next weekend. LETS GO STEELERS!!

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

-arrived 13:30
-fished at the end of the pier. Two rods out long with shrimp for bait. One rod in close with shrimp on a Carolina rig or a Gotcha Plug depending on time.
-The guys next to me had live shrimp in close, cut bait and live bait at various distances from the pier. they also were throwing casting spoons and crappie jigs.
-no bait to be caught.
-14:15: one large bait school came with in 50-75yds of the pier. Bottle Nosed Dolphins where schooling the bait.
-14:45: Bonita were hitting at bait some bait 50 -75+ yds from the pier. No hookups.
-15:30: 1 snappa caught by a Man 100 feet from the end of the pier.
-no bait to be seen and no fish caught
-17:00 Called it a day and headed home to see the ol' lady.

it was a relaxing day, however i would have liked to have caught a few fish. no one was catching and there was minimal bait to be seen when i was there. i would have stayed longer, however i tend to make my girl happy by heading home early, when there is nothing to catch.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Everybody was so excited about this pier opening up again, but it seems nothing much happens on it. Is it only good at certain times of the year?

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

BEOWULF wrote:Everybody was so excited about this pier opening up again, but it seems nothing much happens on it. Is it only good at certain times of the year?
Every pier in Florida is like that. Lake Worth is on par with Juno and Deerfield as far as cobia,kingfish, permit, and other assorted species. When you hear nothing about Lake Worth it may be time to go fish it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Permit53
Old Salt

Post by Permit53 »

Fishfool is right! :reeling:
Fish like its the last cast you will ever make.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Went to Lake Worth 12/15 from 2pm till 4pm. Crystal clear water no current and a very cold north wind. No fish seen. Blue fish came threw before I got there so they say. Pier was a ghost town, only a handfull of people fishing.

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

Got up this morning with the sun. Hit up the pier fairly early. I got there around 730 or so. There were only a few people on the pier. i headed straight to the end. It was very windy and fairly dark. There was plenty of chop on the water. I pitched a casting spoon. third cast and i hooked up with a nice mak. lost him on the flip however. then i had a few people join me at the end. the one gentlemen through a casting spoon as well. he caught a runner, and lost a jack while trying to net it. i had quite a few maks chasing my spoon, however i could not seem to hook up. around 9am they cut off, and the jacks came on. i caught a few jack and watched another guy miss a nice cobe. then the rain came in. so i called it a day. i have shopping to do today, and a christmas party to attend.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

thank you 4 the report JS. i wanna go back down when those huge jacks come through some day.

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

fixed80 wrote:thank you 4 the report JS. i wanna go back down when those huge jacks come through some day.
some guys dont like messing with Jacks, however, i enjoy catching them on light tackle. when i take my girlfriend and other nubes fishing, i love seeing a school of jacks or runners come through. they fight really hard for their size and it doesn't take talent to get them on the hook.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

JSheffey wrote:
fixed80 wrote:thank you 4 the report JS. i wanna go back down when those huge jacks come through some day.
some guys dont like messing with Jacks, however, i enjoy catching them on light tackle. when i take my girlfriend and other nubes fishing, i love seeing a school of jacks or runners come through. they fight really hard for their size and it doesn't take talent to get them on the hook.
x2 if nothing else is biting its just fun to mess around with jacks. when my buddies come down to visit and we go fishing they think they caught a whale when one gets on the line
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

SurvivorMan
Weekend Warrior

Post by SurvivorMan »

Classic winter fishing on the LWP this morning.

4 of us filled 2 coolers with blues, jacks, and macs in about an hour. :cheers:

1 cobe on top in with the blues fighting for his share. Kye had him on the rasta jig, but he spit.

Nice swell for the surfers. Great day.

:reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

Thanx for the report, I was wondering where you went. :D
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

Thanks for the report Charlie. I haven't had a day like that in a while at LWP. However it is just a matter of time.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Charlie, any fish off the beach?

SurvivorMan
Weekend Warrior

Post by SurvivorMan »

Sirsnookalot wrote:Charlie, any fish off the beach?
Nothing off the beach. No pomps yet.

Nothing but clear water today. Some Tarpon rolled by.

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

i was at lakeworth today as well, Will's report is fairly accurate. it wasn't a show stopper of a day, however there was action from time to time.

ill be heading back tomorrow. however this time i will have some live shrimp with me. i didn't have any today, i was concentrating on artificial.

Will,

i fished the end of the pier all day. i am the one with the blue cobia rod and a pink Jig. i was wearing kaykee shorts and a grey cut off WVU Football shirt. next time you are there and you see me say hello. i always have a Coors hat on.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

Thanks for the report guys, I was out there last weekend and it was dead. Saw a couple cobes iced up in coolers that were caught in the AM, none caught when I was there though.
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

it was jacks and blue fish in the afternoon. they were all over the place. we caught quite a few.

my only complaint is the people that cant cast in a straight line. if you cant cast in a straight line or far enough to get to the fish, get out of the way!

people need to take a lesson in good pier educate. i dont understand why people want to stand directly behind the guys throwing 3-4 oz casting spoons/jigs either.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”