Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

I had the horse pilchards and some mullet, but nada. couldn't even get a few grovers from my trustworthy spot. Hooked a tarpon but lost him on the first jump itself. I walked over to camino and the action was dead. Not a bite on pilchards or ladyfish. Finger mullet showed up around my leaving time, maybe things picked up, not sure.

It's too windy :thumbdown:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

The snook are biting! Perfect slot 31 1/2". Caught this bad boy today before sunrise. 15-20 ENE winds, 4foot waves, and Defenitly a STRONG rip current southbound. Fish was caught in a Bomber windcheater white/red. Good Luck to all and be careful with this rip current, I was almost swept off my feet in about a foot of water.

The S%@$ eating grin shows my excitment :cheers:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

nice keeper :cheers: Did you catch him off the end of the rocks? You seem soaked :D

Might be heading out there this evening, maybe the wind might ease..hopefully
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

flguywes wrote:Jeff you must have had your invisibility cloak on cause I was at the inlet all morning as well and didnt see ya at all. Same luck though, I fished with live finger mullet, bucktails, etc. and had no luck to show for it. Good luck this season.
I'm guessing you were out on the jetty... I didn't go past the curve since the surf was so rough and strong wind (and I was throwing lures).

I went again this morning about sunrise... lots of bait plip-plopping but nothing crashing them.

Went kayak fishing at Munyon Island yesterday morning... can't believe I didn't catch a snook... mullet EVERYWEHRE, snook were crashing them left & right for about an hour right at sunrise.. .even tossed my topwater and/or baitbuster into some action but no hook ups. Had 2 slot-size snook hit my skitterwalk so hard the fish and lure were both airborne but unfortunately both hits were misses. Just as I was leaving a friend of mine caught a keeper. :-)
Jeff

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Nice snook Wes. I hit the inlet last night but it was so blown out, I didn't even try just turned around and left. No mullet seen last night at the inlet how bout this morning??

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

hmm, must have missed the follow-on page when i made my last post here.... NICE SLOT SNOOK, Wes! :-) I was out there about sunrise today too... as I can see you were out on the jetty... I didn't head out there this morning.. just to the bend of the inlet.

Nice start to the season! :-)
Jeff

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

pilchards were thick today, didn't really see anything busting them..when I was there

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

:cheers: Snook were crashing bait in the inlet this morning. I got my 4TH slot today coming in at 30"! Fishing with lures Mullet bomber windcheater and Mullet chug bug. Wonder what the snook have been snacking on?
Wind was light 5-10 from the NW. Did not see any mullet. However, I was fortunate enough to leave before the sun broke the horizon. Also last night I landed my largest snook at 42". The camera batteries were dead so my only witness is a guy doing yoga in his underwear... Good luck to all. Enjoy this weather, it's perfect for fishing.

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Wes, that's FANTASTIC! :bounce:

So far in this season I've caught two 22" and on Sat a 26" while yak-fishin'.
I hope to get on the beach thurs/fri morning...
Looks like the blues should be coming thru with the rough water...
Jeff

juniork732
Weekend Warrior

Post by juniork732 »

any thing happen lately

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

I fished there for about a hour yesterday ,,the water was clear as my pool,, seen 2 barracuda come in before I left

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”