Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your Fishing Reports for 2010
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished the inlet tuesday night. Might as well have been ice fishing. Very cold. No fish. Not even a grunt.

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

Just wanted to check but wasn't that the coldest night of the year? :shock: Like record lows around 32 F. Your one brave soul!!! Have you seen any bait around the inlet. Looking to start fishing again once it warms up.
I will report at the first sign of consistent bait. I believe the bait showed up around mid Feb-March. First was came huge pilchards for a couple of weeks then large gogs. snook went crazy in late May :salut: :salut: .....

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

yea when those pilchards come, they stack up al over the inlet. i will report first sight also :salut:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Why yes it was the coldest day of the year. I had to wear gloves. Cans of Busch warmed my soul though. I don't know when you gotta fish you gotta fish. I was there for the graveyard shift and saw no bait or fish period. I gotta say I like it over there this time of year there are no people and the jetty is the cleanest it will be all year.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

anything?
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:anything?
how about now? :bounce:

might try it out this weekend

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

lol looks like you may have to give it a shot to find out.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

james380 wrote:lol looks like you may have to give it a shot to find out.
or i might just say, "Lake Worth seems to be producing for me now", :mrgreen: so might as well go there instead of seeing people fall all over the rocks. eatpop :cheese:

DeezNuts
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DeezNuts »

Any bait in the inlet right now? i noticed the giant sand pumping deathstar from texas moved out(not the resident one thats always there)

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

heading out around sunset to check out the outgoing. Will report anything positive...

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

flguywes wrote: Will report anything positive...
will be looking forward to the report, its been a l0o0o0ong time since ive been to that inlet :nilly:

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

NOTHING. Fished from 630-800 tonight no bites no sites...

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

flguywes wrote:NOTHING. Fished from 630-800 tonight no bites no sites...
:? thats not good....

oh wait!!! i think they JUST finished dredging that place...correct me if im wrong

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

the bait should be stacked right now...anyone been there lately? its been a long time for me. im going to head over there sometime soon to see how the bait situation is, i could use some pilchards :jocolor:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:the bait should be stacked right now...anyone been there lately? its been a long time for me. im going to head over there sometime soon to see how the bait situation is, i could use some pilchards :jocolor:
I decided to head over to the inlet instead of DFP. There is bait, but not to the point were you can cast net. I got about 40-50 pilchards in a little over an hour. i also went 0-1 on a juvi snook. Over at the rocks absolutely nothing besides a decent sized cuda. I think i might try these pilchards at DFP tommorow..dont know entirely yet.

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

Fished 05/06/10 sunrise. Lots of bait, in just a few minutes managed to catch dozen 4-5" pilchards and a few sub 6" gogs. Went 0-1 on a small snook. Ballooned out both gogs and got cut off both times. I put wire on the second time but got no hits so i changed back to flouro and immediatley watched the ballon begin to take off, set the hook and its gone...Im guessing cuda.
Also went out last night. Plenty of bait. Watched Mother Nature finally get revenge as I saw the usual "boca poachers" about to remove a large snook,when at the final second the fish popped the hook. It was great!! they actually had a double header on but lost the second fish. Saw a few tarpon rolling in the outgoing.
Good luck to all this summer.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Nice report. I can really use some gogs now :pistols: We were there on the boat last night and managed to get a few greenies along with the pilchards. butt no gogs for us

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Stopped by the Jetty on my travels today and walked through the rocks for a smell of the ocean. I havn't fished this spot many times and I am going to hit an outgoing in the evening in the near future. Hit on a poon or such

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Good luck. If you have any questions, just ask. As a matter of fact, I might be going out there myself sometime soon to catch some more bait and have fun with the snook/poons.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:Good luck. If you have any questions, just ask. As a matter of fact, I might be going out there myself sometime soon to catch some more bait and have fun with the snook/poons.

TAP213- Thanks I'll PM you before I head up that way again. Probably in the evening tide out

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

rshields wrote:
TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:Good luck. If you have any questions, just ask. As a matter of fact, I might be going out there myself sometime soon to catch some more bait and have fun with the snook/poons.

TAP213- Thanks I'll PM you before I head up that way again. Probably in the evening tide out
Ok :toast:

slicknick
Fisher

Post by slicknick »

fished yesterday for bout 2 hours on in comeing tide lots of sardines filled up my livewell and hit the end of the rocks had 2 fish cut me off and missed 2 fish most likely being snook. i was useing 6oz weight on bottom rig. any tips would be sum good help?? it was hard to fish the strong current any type of lures i can throw while waitng on live bait rod would also be helpfull thank u
peacock man

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

debating on heading out for a few hours, any reports from this weekend?
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Bait is THICK! bring a net. bring a setup for poons and snook also for live bait and a lure rod. I might be able to head out there, not so sure as of right now.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I would avoid fishing the inlet today, Monday, Memorial Day. It will be a zoo!! Wait till later in the week when it is empty.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:Bait is THICK! bring a net. bring a setup for poons and snook also for live bait and a lure rod. I might be able to head out there, not so sure as of right now.
give me a ring if you do, doing some food shopping at 12 so might head out after dinner
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

gdm phil wrote:
TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:Bait is THICK! bring a net. bring a setup for poons and snook also for live bait and a lure rod. I might be able to head out there, not so sure as of right now.
give me a ring if you do, doing some food shopping at 12 so might head out after dinner
Sorry I just realized that I can't make it this time, but like boca jetty said, it's going to really crowded. good luck if you end up going, and watch out for those rocks, they are unforgiving.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:
gdm phil wrote:
Sorry I just realized that I can't make it this time, but like boca jetty said, it's going to really crowded. good luck if you end up going, and watch out for those rocks, they are unforgiving.
thanx just getting my gear together, hopefully it will be mostly tanners out there, gonna try and get some live bait and free line them out the inlet
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

slicknick
Fisher

Post by slicknick »

i was out there today bait was decent wasnt as thick as the other day. caught 3 cudas got cut off bout 5 times on live bait, one cuda on a gotcha other on live sardine and other on storm minnow sardine couldnt get anything else to bite where the snook and macks and poons at any advice would be helpfull knowledge is always helpfullllllll thank u good luckkk
peacock man

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”